Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Franchi Spas 12 vs Benelli M4 Super 90

Well, I have been trying to decide between the Spas 12 and the M4 for awhile now. The M4 seems to be a pretty pricier, especially when you add in the cost for the extended magazine tube.

I really like both shotguns, and I have fired an M4, but I've only ever manhandled a Spas, never fired one. So if anyone has experience on either shotguns, I'd love to hear it. I have been searching gunbroker for both, but if there are any PA guys selling either, I might be interested. I'd rather by local.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Franchi Spas 12 vs Benelli M4 Super 90

I had a spas12 and have a benilli M1 now.I also have an FN SLP but of all the shotguns I have or have shot I still like my 870 that was worked over by vang comp.the spas is huge and heavy and what you want with semi and pump I don't know the more parts in a gun the more likey it is to break.the benilli or FN is the way to go with a semi if recoil bothers you stay with the FN it's gas operation gives it a soft recoil.it's all a matter of choice.if your near pine grove come to there shotgun shoot tomorrow at 1 pm check out what everyone is uesing.hope this helps.crazywolf

(Delaware County)

what about a Benelli M3, compares well to Spas12
    THINK ABOUT IT TWICE, Cause you're slow with your hands

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramagnus View Post
    what about a Benelli M3, compares well to Spas12
    I'd say the M3 excels in every aspect over the SPAS. They refined the pump/semi conversion to make it a lot more reliable and a hell of a lot smaller so that the M3 looks like the normal sized shotty. I've talked with SPAS owners that have trouble finding replacement/worn out parts and also reliability issues in older guns. Don't hear that very often about Benelli's.

I love my M3, one of my "I will never sell" guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Curr View Post
    I'd say the M3 excels in every aspect over the SPAS. They refined the pump/semi conversion to make it a lot more reliable and a hell of a lot smaller so that the M3 looks like the normal sized shotty. I've talked with SPAS owners that have trouble finding replacement/worn out parts and also reliability issues in older guns. Don't hear that very often about Benelli's.

I love my M3, one of my "I will never sell" guns.

This is all very true; the Spas is a dinosaur and it is huge and unwieldy. The foregrip is twice the size of an M3. I fired one quite a few times and also owned a LAW12 semi for a long time. I would rather have a Benelli any day.