Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: York, PA Gun Show, York Fair grounds

I was there from 9am to 1pm also, didn't here or see anything. picked up some speer 40 cal.stuff. it was kinda nice to go thru the show without the crowd.
    3%er "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.." -G. K. Chesterton

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    I am tired of listening to that asshat at the door talking about protecting our gun rights and then saying he needs to see empty chambers on all guns. I usually open carry to raise gun rights awareness, and comfort. but going to the show anymore doesn't seem to mean any of these things anymore. No more getting disarmed and relying on my bug in the pocket. I'm keeping my glock loaded at all times in the show from now on.
    I usually go with "concealed means concealed", so I try to just ignore the guy, but it was kind of hard this time with him walking up and down the line with a donation jar yelling about donating and checking guns. There are a few threads on here about the promoter, it seems nobody in government or anywhere else has ever heard of the guy, and nobody has been able to figure out where all the money disappears to. Some people have had problems with getting the raffle prizes they won in his drawings as well.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    I sent an e-mail to the promoter, about providing a clearing station, never heard back.....
    I might get them to provide one after a bit... I get a kick outta them being nervous as I pull a loaded gun out in the middle of everything and unload it. Of course always pointing at the ground and being safe. I usually make a bit of a fuss about having to be disarmed. It's really sad to see the arguments I use against the anti's being so effective on guys who are supposed to be pro gun.

Most vender's who come to the show are cool, as are most people who come. I'd hate to miss out, And I don't feel like driving far to go to another show. But I don't feel like getting shot or being put in a bad situation either.

(Lancaster County)

The show was the usual. I go knowing I won't spend money so I won't be disappointed. LOL So many people look for different things...one finds nothing and the other finds gold. It's all part of the fun.

Not to divert the thread. I did have the pleasure of watching 2 guys argue with the "donation guy" outside about fighting for your rights and needing to unload your firearms. I understand the need to unload for 2 reasons. Insurance and people are stupid. It's a public building and the quickest way to end the shows there (and probably other places) is to have a "I need to carry hot at a gunshow" type person accidently killing somebody. I have personally seen an accidental discharge at VF a few years ago. The guy was clearing his Glock at the entrance. If you feel that insecure at a gunshow then maybe you should stay in your bunker with your tinfoil hat. Sure your very safe but what about the everybody else. Are you willing to bet your life on it? How many times have you seen a person pull a handgun to check holster fit? Only takes one "oops!" Food for thought.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by wizzegun View Post
    If you feel that insecure at a gunshow then maybe you should stay in your bunker with your tinfoil hat.
    the same logic can be applied to feeling a need to carry a firearm anywhere.

"if you feel that insecure at walmart, maybe you just order your food online and have it delivered"

"if you feel that insecure at your job, maybe you should work from home"

etc

(York County)

The show was the usual. I go knowing I won't spend money so I won't be disappointed. LOL So many people look for different things...one finds nothing and the other finds gold. It's all part of the fun.

Not to divert the thread. I did have the pleasure of watching 2 guys argue with the "donation guy" outside about fighting for your rights and needing to unload your firearms. I understand the need to unload for 2 reasons. Insurance and people are stupid. It's a public building and the quickest way to end the shows there (and probably other places) is to have a "I need to carry hot at a gunshow" type person accidently killing somebody. I have personally seen an accidental discharge at VF a few years ago. The guy was clearing his Glock at the entrance. If you feel that insecure at a gunshow then maybe you should stay in your bunker with your tinfoil hat. Sure your very safe but what about the everybody else. Are you willing to bet your life on it? How many times have you seen a person pull a handgun to check holster fit? Only takes one "oops!" Food for thought.
    People are stupid. but why only unload them when they go to a gun show? How many times do people shoot themselves showing their gun to their buddies or cleaning it? Lets ban all ammo from people that don't need it (ie aren't in government).

Don't you see your argument is the same one the anti gunners use?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    People are stupid. but why only unload them when they go to a gun show? How many times do people shoot themselves showing their gun to their buddies or cleaning it?
    Work in an emergency room and get your answer. More than you think.

My point is, a show with a concentration of possible failure in judgements is the reason. The person wanting show off his new piece but they aren't quite familiar with the safety or whatever, the person with a fudd gun looking to walk it around and try to sell it but there are a few rounds loaded from the last hunting trip, Grandpa's old war bringback and "we never touched it" but want to see what it's worth. Anybody else feel safer having these people forced to clear their weapons? I do agree there should be a secure area to do this. The best safety (the brain) doesn't always engage.

(York County)

Work in an emergency room and get your answer. More than you think.

My point is, a show with a concentration of possible failure in judgements is the reason. The person wanting show off his new piece but they aren't quite familiar with the safety or whatever, the person with a fudd gun looking to walk it around and try to sell it but there are a few rounds loaded from the last hunting trip, Grandpa's old war bringback and "we never touched it" but want to see what it's worth. Anybody else feel safer having these people forced to clear their weapons? I do agree there should be a secure area to do this. The best safety (the brain) doesn't always engage.
    I wouldn't have a problem with checking long guns or any others that are not their carry weapon. What would happen if everyone was actually unloaded at a show and some idiot came in and starting shooting people? what if the guy who shot himself at the last show decided to take a few people with him? All the gun shows would be considered unsafe and probably banned. Now the way it is many people sneak loaded firearms in all the time, and probably anyone who would try that crap would get shot.

It's much safer to have me and my fellow carriers locked and loaded than to have everyone unloaded.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345