Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default What I like about 1911s...

What I like about 1911s is that you can customize them to fit you.

.... most of the 3rd party parts are drop in and plentiful.

.... most magazines will fit caliber for caliber ( but I'm only sure about 45acp and my 3 pistols).

.... most are made in caliber for serious business in self defense world.

... most are built to modern specs and no matter how many you have you still want another one. I'd like one with a rail on it.

.... most are built so they are made to last and be past on from Grand pa, to Dad and his Son and still be cool as hell.

... most that have spent $1400 - $3000 for them are happy with them and no one that knows guns think its a waste. Kinda like the egg shaped Porsche.

... most will shoot target load and swc lead ammo that cost less to make and shoot. Ps... I just love big clear paper cutter holes it leaves in paper targets.

.... might be wrong but I swear I can shoot my 1911s faster and more accurate then my DA/SA pistols.

... Like a fine wine the older it gets, the better it gets.

... Going by the Law Enforcement magazines its the only other handgun recommended for the special weapon and tactic teams other then Glock and Bereta.
    Last edited by Neko456; June 16th, 2010 at 11:10 AM.

Default Re: What I like about 1911s...

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    What I like about 1911s is that you can customize them to fit you.

.... most of the 3rd party parts are drop in and plentiful.

.... most magazines will fit caliber for caliber ( but I'm only sure about 45acp and my 3 pistols).

.... most are made in caliber for serious business in self defense world.

... most are built to modern specs and no matter how many you have you still want another one. I'd like one with a rail on it.

.... most are built so they are made to last and be past on from Grand pa, to Dad and his Son and still be cool as hell.

... most that have spent $1400 - $3000 for them are happy with them and no one that knows guns think its a waste. Kinda like the egg shaped Porsche.

... most will shoot target load and swc lead ammo that cost less to make and shoot. Ps... I just love big clear paper cutter holes it leaves in paper targets.

.... might be wrong but I swear I can shoot my 1911s faster and more accurate then my DA/SA pistols.

... Like a fine wine the older it gets, the better it gets.

... Going by the Law Enforcement magazines its the only other handgun recommended for the special weapon and tactic teams other then Glock and Bereta.
    Everything you said & they are the BEST looking pistol's in the world. It's so nice to be able to simply modify it in order to make it your's. What you see in your mind & there's allway's plenty who say ( I DON'T LIKE IT) Well I didn't build it for you. If they would pay for my pistol's I would take any configuration they wanted to buy me..LOL
    I'm Your Huckaberry...Say When:)