Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Heidelberg 3 Gun Shoot Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Fr0sty View Post
    Yea the last stage we shot I screwed up my round count in my mags, and started shooting in the wrong order. I swear I was starting to show signs of serious heat issues. I mean, I got all screwed up. I fumbled with the shotgun reloading, and I expect that would have been the same screwed up by the heat or not.

When I was checking how I did I did so with the exception of that last stage. By Taking out that last stage I would have finished 13th, Art 17th, you 22nd, Brandon 27th, and Tony 39th. That makes me feel as though I definitely improved over last time (15th), and also shows that I need to work on managing the heat better. It really got to me at that last stage. When I got in after the shoot, I went right upstairs and slept till Sunday morning. I was seriously jacked.

You did do damn good with the CETME. I am definitely impressed. The funny thing is when I started to clean it earlier today before the wedding and to be honest, I was shocked it fired. I mean HOLY CHIT... I tried using some high temp grease and it was a freaking mess for lube and MY GAWD. I started stripping it, and I wasn't even half way removing it with a half can of brake cleaner and about 45mins before I had to leave.

So I am assuming your down the next time?
    Bring more water. I drank 3 bottles of water and 3 bottles of Gatorade and still didn't pee all day (sign of dehydration). I shot a team 3 gun today from 8AM-4:30PM and drank even more. Hydration is key.

Thanks for coming out for the match, see ya next month.

(Lancaster County)

im deff gonna save up moneys for ammo and extended mags for the 1911
    V-DUB Shop!DUBNINJA 82

(Lebanon County)

They do host one hell of a shoot over there. I do find myself getting a little "out of sync" with the amount of waiting between stages. 30mins to 45mins between stages happens.

This was only my second shoot there, but it seems each time my group is waiting for a great deal of time before we can start a new stage.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fr0sty View Post
    They do host one hell of a shoot over there. I do find myself getting a little "out of sync" with the amount of waiting between stages. 30mins to 45mins between stages happens.

This was only my second shoot there, but it seems each time my group is waiting for a great deal of time before we can start a new stage.
    It's like that at any match, especially 3 gun. Not exclusive to our matches AT ALL.

(Lancaster County)

so what the deal with 3 gun shoots? i know its pistol rifle and shotguns but are there any restrictions on ammo/ type of firearm? id would love to try one of these sometime. how long do they usually last? i try not to spend a whole day out (my fiance gets quite pissed).

thanks

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowcat187 View Post
    so what the deal with 3 gun shoots? i know its pistol rifle and shotguns but are there any restrictions on ammo/ type of firearm? id would love to try one of these sometime. how long do they usually last? i try not to spend a whole day out (my fiance gets quite pissed).

thanks
    Well its kinda simple,

Pistol, 100rds, at least 2 mags (Should take 3), and the more capacity in the mags the better. The first time I went I shot my Para with 7 round mags and found I wanted more capacity.

Rifle, any semi-auto will do. Same as the pistol as far as mag needs and round count. You are allowed red dots/scopes/etc here.

Shotgun, 25 rds of 8 Shot to as big as 7 shot. Ideal if you shotgun can hold 5+1 or more but it is not required.

The last match took longer than the one I went to before. There were a lot of shooters. As I stated in my last post our group waited about 30 - 45mins between stages, and then you had to wait until it was your turn to shoot. This turned out to be an all day shoot. We were there around 8:45AM and we ended up leaving around 5PM or so. I heard they are looking to try some new things this next shoot to help speed it up, so we can see how it does.

Even with the wait it is a fun shoot. They put a lot of effort into it and it shows. Definitely a great group of people shoot with, and a great way to enhance your skill level.

(Bedford County)

I am definately interested in this. Too bad I'm so far away. Do you guys have one every month? I might come down for one this summer. I do shoot IDPA and USPSA but never shot 3 gun. Do you need to be a USPSA member?

Pistol I would use XDm 9mm or XD 45
    Rifle I could use M1, M1 carbine, or AR.
    Shotgun only have one an 870.

Anythoughts on preferable rifle?
    <a href=http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehosting/2175485722f4a1b35.jpg target=_blank>http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehost...722f4a1b35.jpg</a>

"A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys." ~ Charlton Heston, 1997

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky Monkey View Post
    I am definately interested in this. Too bad I'm so far away. Do you guys have one every month? I might come down for one this summer. I do shoot IDPA and USPSA but never shot 3 gun. Do you need to be a USPSA member?

Pistol I would use XDm 9mm or XD 45
    Rifle I could use M1, M1 carbine, or AR.
    Shotgun only have one an 870.

Anythoughts on preferable rifle?

Yes there is one every month during the summer time from what I am aware of. Check their website for the schedule (Just google search it)

As far as weapon selection,

Pistol: Can't go wrong with your choices. I would go with the one you want the most shooting time with

Rifle: The M1 Carbine is a good idea! A lot of shooters shoot an AR, but there are many different types of rifles that make their way to the shooting area

Shotgun: You don't need anything fancy here and it sounds like you go it covered.

As far as needing USPSA, NOPE you are good to go

(Lancaster County)

i checked out their website. hopefully i will get to make it to one of these sometime this summer. I got the 1911 for pistol, ak for the rifle and mossberg 500 for shotgun.

just gotta get some shooting practice in and hopefully i wont look like a complete fool .

(Berks County)

These are not USPSA matches so no, you do not need to be a USPSA member.

The matches are held January-October every year. None in November or December.

I'm working on some stages that will require more shotgun reloading than we have required before. Practice that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast