Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Thumbs down Beretta Service...

I have a broken trigger spring on my Tomcat .32...so I take it to a most competent gunsmith, but he warned me it would take a while for the parts. He said Brownells has become the exclusive supplier of Beretta (and their other holdings) parts. So what choice do I have?

SIX WEEKS LATER I call and he said he still hasn't got anything. He said he spoke to Brownells Friday but Beretta isn't keeping them supplied. My gunsmith said mine is not the only Beretta he has that is waiting for parts. IIRC they're made down in Maryland; it's not like they're on a slow boat from Italy..

I figure when I go shopping again Beretta won't be one of the brands I look at~~I love my 92 (the Tomcat not so much) but this kind of service is pretty lame.
    USMC 2/10 1982-85
    ~REMEMBER FT. HOOD~

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: Beretta Service...

i got rid of my Tomcat cuz it was a disaster waiting to happen, i am still waiting for a recoil pad for the telescoping stock on my Bushmaster AR15 from Bushmaster almost a month now , they are back ordered on alot of things.

(Allegheny County)

My wife had a Tomcat years ago that died after 500rnds and 3yrs. It went through 2 trigger springs in that time frame too. Sad to say, the Tomcat is one Beretta that truly is kinda crappy.

(Lebanon County)

Look at the bright side at least your frame did not crack like mine did. It was a shame as I did like the gun. I do have a Beretta 92 but it will remain the only Beretta I will own. If they make a quality product than why not put a real warranty on them. They should at least do a 5 or 10 year warranty.
    I've got two guns... One for each of ya (Doc Holiday)

I don't have a TomCat 32 but I have owned Berettas for some 20 years and recently turned down a $20 in house maintenance fee on a new Beretta Px4 in 45acp because in the pas6t 20 years I've never needed one.

Now when I bought my new Taurus 24/7 I quickly bought the in house service and shipping warranty for the same reason. Finger crossed I haven't needed it yet now this is along with Taurus Life time warranty.

6 Beretta in all this time and never had to send one for anything. I just shoot them and clean them and shoot them some more. Off topic a bit because you are talking about the Tomcat which was a cool idea gone bad I guess.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by 65mustang View Post
    Look at the bright side at least your frame did not crack like mine did. It was a shame as I did like the gun. I do have a Beretta 92 but it will remain the only Beretta I will own. If they make a quality product than why not put a real warranty on them. They should at least do a 5 or 10 year warranty.
    I got mine shortly after they first came out so I'm sure it's past warranty~~just need them to supply parts. I work in an industry where we bend over backwards to satisfy the customer..irks me to see this sorta thing.
    USMC 2/10 1982-85
    ~REMEMBER FT. HOOD~

(Lancaster County)

Beretta C/S is about the worst out there. They require original sales receipts before taking on any issues. I think they only offer a one year warranty as well.

(Allegheny County)

I generally love the Beretta M9/92 and PX4 series. Thankfully these models are simple to work on for normal maintenance and repairs, barring the failure of a frame and parts can be obtained relatively easy too.
    Pretty much everyone I know that tried to get good service from a .32, .25, etc Beretta pistol is let down by both the pistol and customer service following.

(Lebanon County)

I guess that I cannot complain too much about them. I bought my Tomcat used. They did not replace it but they sold me a replacement Tomcat at cost. I was also given the option to get my old cracked gun back since it was not a warranty replacement. I immediately sold all of the parts of the old gun and the replacement tomcat on GB. I broke even after buying my Keltec
    P32 with a lifetime warranty. I have the cracked Beretta frame as a wall hanger in my reloading room.
    I've got two guns... One for each of ya (Doc Holiday)

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by 65mustang View Post
    I guess that I cannot complain too much about them. I bought my Tomcat used. They did not replace it but they sold me a replacement Tomcat at cost. I was also given the option to get my old cracked gun back since it was not a warranty replacement. I immediately sold all of the parts of the old gun and the replacement tomcat on GB. I broke even after buying my Keltec
    P32 with a lifetime warranty. I have the cracked Beretta frame as a wall hanger in my reloading room.
    I just want them to supply their distributor with parts so my gunsmith can buy a part to replace a part~~willing to give them money for a miserable spring...Beretta can suck it in the future, someone else will get my business.
    USMC 2/10 1982-85
    ~REMEMBER FT. HOOD~