Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default New England Firearms Pardner Pump Protector

Just picked one up from Dick's today for $179.99 (they are on sale at this price until the end of this coming weekend I believe). Haven't shot it yet, but from what I've been reading online, this is one nice gun for the price.

It's basically a Remington 870 clone. I've read several people say that it's even better than the 870. Seems to have more features than the 870 anyway.

12 Gauge, blued receiver and barrel, 18.5" barrel, 5+1 capacity, bead sight, drilled and tapped for sights, swivel studs

The manual says it has a choke tube but unless I'm missing it (I'm not really a shotgun guy), I don't see it.

The only thing I don't like about it so far is that it's made in China. But again, people have been praising this thing for how awesome it is despite that fact.

I think I might buy some wood furniture for it though. I like the wood look better than the black plastic furniture.

Default Re: New England Firearms Pardner Pump Protector

A buddy of mine bought one a few black fridays ago at Dick's. He used and abused it and to my knowledge never had any problems. I think they're fantastic and if I didn't have my crappy Maverick I'd get one tomorrow. It's a great price for a reliable home defence gun.

While some other models of the Pardner have the ability to use a choke, I'm 99% certain yours does not. They probably just pack the same manual with all of them.

As far as parts go, I'm pretty sure what fits an 870 will fit your Pardner. The exception being barrels, they aren't interchangable.

Enjoy!!

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by hertz View Post
    A buddy of mine bought one a few black fridays ago at Dick's. He used and abused it and to my knowledge never had any problems. I think they're fantastic and if I didn't have my crappy Maverick I'd get one tomorrow. It's a great price for a reliable home defence gun.

While some other models of the Pardner have the ability to use a choke, I'm 99% certain yours does not. They probably just pack the same manual with all of them.

As far as parts go, I'm pretty sure what fits an 870 will fit your Pardner. The exception being barrels, they aren't interchangable.

Enjoy!!
    I was looking at the website and it doesn't list the choke there so I think you're right, they just package the same manual for all models.

(Perry County)

Anyone know where to get wood stocks and forearms for Remington 870s?

I found a few sites that sell them but some where really expensive. I don't want to spend too much money on a stock set, maybe $50 or so if possible. I'd like to find one that is like a dull stain (or whatever they use to color it) instead of the shiny stain.

Also, do they make a wooden corn cobb style forearm for the 870? I like those over the long rectangular forearm is has already.

(Perry County)

Took it out and shot 10 rounds of 00 buckshot through it today. 5 rounds at about 10 yards and 5 round at about 5 yards. Definitely very accurate and nice spread at that distance. I was shooting at a paper silhouette(sp?) target and was aiming for center of mass. Every pellet landed in the CoM aquare at 5 yards. AT 10 yards there was maybe 2 pellets outside the silhouette.

Damn that thing kicks too! I knew it was going to kick but wow... I'm not used to shooting rifles or shotguns much - I'm mostly a pistol guy. I shot 4 shots straight from the shoulder and that was enough for me. I grabbed my recoil pad and used that and it helped a lot.

The only problem I ran into (I have a feeling it was me and not the gun though) was that when I went to chamber the next round, the fore grip would only go like half an inch and stop. I was able to slide it back down all the way and try to chamber it again without a problem. I think I just wasn't pulling the fore grip all the way back.

(Bucks County)

Hope its okay to bump this thread, didn't want to start another one.

I just bought one of these, it's great, etc.

I got a Remington 870 side-saddle to put on it (after reading that the accessories were interchangeable) but it blocks the action - stops the forend from coming all the way back, as the forend is apparently too long to work with the side saddle.

So now I'm thinking about cutting the forend down an inch or two - any downside to that? My other option is to get a new forend (eg, possibly one with a foregrip attached to it), but I don't want to buy something that won't work with the Pardner Pump - any recommendations? Is this one of the categories where I can just buy a Remington 870 foregrip/forend and it'll work?

(Bucks County)

Well I have a knoxx blackhawk for-end and recoil reducing stock, and it was one hell of a problem swapping out the fore-end. I had to have my local gunsmith at the range swap it for me, then the ring popped off after a few shots, so i had him do it again and use some loctite on it and now the only problem is it sometimes wont chamber the next shell, so I ordered a Wolf spring for it.

Oh and btw, I LOVE my 870 knockoff
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Blair County)

I also bought one of these a Dicks a couple weeks back. Mine is currently all torn down and just waiting on new stock to go back together. Going in a different direction then you, but that is part of the beauty of with 870 knock off, so many options to add on.

Glad you enjoy yours. I will be adding a thread in the photo section when I am done putting mine together next week.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by VictorSmalls View Post
    I also bought one of these a Dicks a couple weeks back. Mine is currently all torn down and just waiting on new stock to go back together. Going in a different direction then you, but that is part of the beauty of with 870 knock off, so many options to add on.

Glad you enjoy yours. I will be adding a thread in the photo section when I am done putting mine together next week.
    awesome, keep me updated I would love to see it when its done!

that is pretty much exactly what mine looks like but I have an 18.5 inch barrel and no extender because it would go way to far. I am thinking of getting a single shot extension though.
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Blair County)

Not finished yet, but you get the idea. I like the tactical stocks but really love the feel of the Remington Shureshot stock.

The Remington brand piccaninny rail doesn't seem to really fit. Rubs on the top of the gun and is going to need some manipulation to gain a little more clearance.

Out of the box

Getting there

With the rail and dot in place

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast