Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: OC Weekend

Default OC Weekend

Well, as many members here know, DC Dalton had an open picnic to all PAFOA members who wanted to attend. I knew from the time I've been on this site and my weekend travels up and down 83, that there would be ton's of people from NY, NJ, and MD on the roads, in gas stations, rest stop area's etc...So, I OC'd. My first stop was on 81 around hazelton. Yup, a mother saw me OC'ing and literally stopped and threw her arm out as if to protect her kids. The look of horror on her face, was, to me, Priceless. I let out a laugh so harty that I'm sure Paul Bunyon would have approved!!! LOL I walked past and stated "Its a free state!" and kept on walking to my truck. I noticed a guy get out of a truck with NJ tags and he stared right at me, hesitated and kept moving as I entered my truck, cranking his neck the whole time...Keep in mind, being Active Duty Military Stationed in Maryland and recently transferred from Georgia, I have Georgia plates on my truck. I kinda like that!!! LOL Yes, I am a legal PA Resident!!!

Next significant encounter was after I left the picnic, I got a hotel room. As I was walking to get a paper, a man called out to me. I saw him pull into the hotel and had "Marine" corps stickers on his car. I replied...Yes Sir Devil Dog. and he let out a yelp of joy thinking he was speaking to fellow marine...Ha ha ha, never in my life...Army all the way...LOL He retired last year and moved home to Conneticut and couldn't believe OC was legal, no gun registration, no LTCF needed for OC etc...said he was gonna move here for sure now...LOL As relocating to PA was why he was in NEPA for the weekend. I also mentioned that military pensions were not taxed in PA and that Tobyhanna Army depot was nearby.

I next meet up with a PAFOA member whom I bought a pistol from. We meet at Cabela's to do the exchange. Cabela's sucks!!! oopps did I say that??? Anyway I OC'd and got several sideways stairs from some folks. I don't know if they were from NJ or NY but they sure as hell didn't seem like PA folks to me...couple Vinnies or something...anyway...all was cool.

I couldn't stop laughing at the fact that I was OC, fully loaded, spare mag but a Cabela's employee had to carry the recnetly transferred pistol out of the store for me in a gun case...LMAO...to funny.

I enjoyed OC today. Much more comfortable the last two days than concealed carry which is my normal mode. Something to think about for sure.

I have OC'd before but never for two whole straight days in the manner in which I did. Really enjoyed it.

Well, thats my two cents.

CL
    Last edited by customloaded; June 14th, 2010 at 06:45 PM.

Default Re: OC Weekend

ah ah ah, sounds to me like someone has caught the OC bug.

You do realize there is no cure once your hooked right?

Welcome to the dark side, the laughs are worth the entire process.

(Dauphin County)

told you , you would like it lol glad you had a good time !!!

and sorry i couldnt meet up and go along !
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    You do realize there is no cure once your hooked right?
    Oh, I'm sure we could find a cure. It's just no one is really interested in looking lol.