Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Basic Defensive Handgun with Dr. Bruce Eimer in Philadelphia

Competent, reality based, and practical training is a must for every responsible handgun owner. Handgun ownership has inherent responsibilities. They include the knowledge needed for proper weapon care, the wisdom to choose the handgun that fits your personal abilities, and the training to operate your personal defense weapon safely and with precision. This 8-hour basic class is your fast track towards developing competence in using a handgun for personal protection. Certificates will be issued at the end of this course which fulfills and exceeds the training requirements for obtaining the Florida and Virginia Non-Resident 31-State CCW Permits.

This class covers fundamental handgun ownership and use issues. Over the course of the day, your instruction will include: firearm safety on and off the range, the self-defense mindset, the judicious use of deadly force, surviving a deadly force incident and the legal aftermath, pertinent state and federal laws, handgun and holster selection, methods of concealment, handgun operation and weapons care, administrative loading and unloading of a handgun, fundamentals of handgun marksmanship, reducing handgun stoppages and malfunctions, and emergency reloading. The focus of the course is on acquiring the essential knowledge, skills and attitude for ensuring that you are sufficiently prepared to act in self-defense.

INSTRUCTOR: Bruce N. Eimer, Ph.D., the President of Personal Defense Solutions, LLC, is a licensed psychologist, NRA Certified Law Enforcement and Civilian Firearms Instructor (Handgun and Shotgun), PA Certified Lethal Weapons Training Instructor, Utah Certified Concealed Firearms Instructor, and an Affiliate Instructor with John Farnam’s Defense Training International. Dr. Eimer is certified to teach the Farnam Method of Defensive Handgunning and is also a graduate of Massad Ayoob’s Lethal Force Institute. Dr. Eimer is the co-author of the Essential Guide to Handguns and writes regularly for Concealed Carry Magazine

EQUIPMENT: Dress comfortably. Students may bring either an unloaded revolver (minimum caliber: .38 special) or semi-automatic pistol (minimum caliber: .380 ACP), a concealment holster, at least one extra magazine or speed loader, and at least 100 rounds of ammunition. Handguns will be made available for students who do not have their own (please notify us at the time of registration), and holsters can be provided for use during the class for those students who have not yet found one. Ammunition can be purchased at the range shop.

TUITION: $250.

You may pre-register with a credit card at: http://www.personaldefensesolutions.net/ccw/BDH.html
    Otherwise, you must pay tuition in cash at the beginning of class. No checks.

NOTE: If you plan on attending, please notify us because each class will be limited to 10 students to preserve the integrity of the training experience.

LOCATION: Delaware Valley Sports Center, 101 Geiger Road, Philadelphia, PA 19115. Range Phone: 215-969-0141.

TIME: 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM

For more information, please call: 215-938-SAVE (7283) or email me: info@personaldefensesolutions.net

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Basic Defensive Handgun with Dr. Bruce Eimer in Philadelphia

This Basic Defensive Handgun class with Dr Bruce Eimer was truely great. I have taken a few classes before but this one really covered everything I was looking for. I was looking to learn both the mindset as well as the tactile skills to safely and effectively handle a gun in a defensive situation. What I found most useful was the way Dr Eimer was able to use real world situations in his training to put all this info into a practical perspective. Since the class, I have changed my stance and grip and have been shooting much better. This class is geared towards both experienced shooters as well as the newer shooter, yet Bruce is able to handle this without loosing the intrest of an experienced shooter.
    We covered safe gun handling, mindset, PA laws, judicious use of force, weaver vs isocoles stance, handgun selection, 1/2 day live fire, and more. I would however point out that even though these topics were covered in many of my other courses, Bruce takes them all one step further and better applies them to a real world encounter.
    I walked away with some things to work on as well as drills to better manage my range time.
    Thanks Bruce for a great class and I look to take more in the future.

Philadelphia, and proud of it., Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Basic Defensive Handgun with Dr. Bruce Eimer in Philadelphia

Oh, man! I can't believe I missed this. Totally slipped my mind.

Dr. Bruce, here's to hoping you come back to Philly another time around.

-chivalrouscarry