Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Good local banks?

So in preparation for my move to Oakland, Im trying to find a bank. Im currently using US Bank and love them but it doesnt appear that they have any branches in the PGH area. Im mainly looking to hear your guys experiences with the various banks to help me decide. TIA

(Allegheny County)

Lightbulb Re: Good local banks?

College student, I take it?

For a large eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil corporation , PNC Bank really does alright by me. Free checking, no ATM transaction fees - they really are pretty convenient.

Get ready to get a bellyful of rants about "large eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil corporations" when you get to college. Such skrees are called "lectures" in Oakland...

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Good local banks?

PNC is the largest bank in the area. They will have the most branches, especially around Oakland. They have two in Oakland alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Allegheny County)

I live on the edge of Westmoreland and Allegheny County. I work for Citizens Bank. Ask me any questions I will answer them and I know the branch manager personally at Oakland. Citizens offers 3 rewards for the debt card, free checking, other nice services. PM me and I'll give ya my number and explain more about it if you wish. Also citzens now has ATMs in EVERY SUNOCO STATION ON THE EAST COAST also they have branches in Giant Eagles. The Citizens traditional hours are 9am-4pm Monday-thrusday 9-5 Fridays and 9-2 saturdays. The Giant Eagle branches are 10-7 Mon-Fri and 10-3 Saturday and Sunday. They are actually the most convienent bank in the area because they have twice as many ATMs as any other bank and more branches with later hours. PNC, Huntgindon, Dollar, First National, etc DO NOT have Sunday hours.
    Last edited by meb351; July 19th, 2010 at 07:12 PM.
    I want a French Lebel Never shot only dropped once.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    College student, I take it?

For a large eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil corporation , PNC Bank really does alright by me. Free checking, no ATM transaction fees - they really are pretty convenient.

Get ready to get a bellyful of rants about "large eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil corporations" when you get to college. Such skrees are called "lectures" in Oakland...
    I used to be a PNC customer while in college because PSU has an agreement with PNC. I had my account compromised twice. In 4 years with PNC since I had them in highschool, and PNC would do nothing for me when it was PNC's fault. I have been with Citizens for 3 years now and can't complain (2 years in school 1 year working for them). My grandparents have been Citizens bank/Mellon customers since 1970.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by meb351 View Post
    I live on the edge of Westmoreland and Allegheny County. I work for Citizens Bank. Ask me any questions I will answer them and I know the branch manager personally at Oakland. Citizens offers 3 rewards for the debt card, free checking, other nice services. PM me and I'll give ya my number and explain more about it if you wish. Also citzens now has ATMs in EVERY SUNOCO STATION ON THE EAST COAST also they have branches in Giant Eagles. The Citizens traditional hours are 9am-4pm Monday-thrusday 9-5 Fridays and 9-2 saturdays. The Giant Eagle branches are 10-7 Mon-Fri and 10-3 Saturday and Sunday. They are actually the most convienent bank in the area because they have twice as many ATMs as any other bank and more branches with later hours. PNC, Huntgindon, Dollar, First National, etc DO NOT have Sunday hours.
    I'm sorry, I'm going to have to call BS on those statements. I really can't see how Citizens has more branches than PNC and I'm very skeptical of the ATM stats too. PNC was HUGE in the area before thee bought Nat City, it's even more so since. Plus, there are PNC branches that are open on Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by meb351 View Post
    I used to be a PNC customer while in college because PSU has an agreement with PNC. I had my account compromised twice. In 4 years with PNC since I had them in highschool, and PNC would do nothing for me when it was PNC's fault. I have been with Citizens for 3 years now and can't complain (2 years in school 1 year working for them). My grandparents have been Citizens bank/Mellon customers since 1970.
    I don't know your situation but 99% of time people's accounts get compromised, it's because of something they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm going to have to call BS on those statements. I really can't see how Citizens has more branches than PNC and I'm very skeptical of the ATM stats too. PNC was HUGE in the area before thee bought Nat City, it's even more so since. Plus, there are PNC branches that are open on Sundays.

I don't know your situation but 99% of time people's accounts get compromised, it's because of something they did.

For the first comment I will post all of the NEW ATMS AT SUNOCO for PA alone its 5 pages single spaced 12pt font. Other than that Citizens is in 14 states with around 1500 branches all open later than PNC. So convenience factor if he's grocery shopping at Giant Eagle he can bank there as well.

Call BS all you want stop into a branch and ask a Citizens Banker or better yet come to my branch in New Kensington.

(Allegheny County)

Either PNC Or Citizen's will do well for you - as long as you aren't the type to Overdraft your account regularly.

I have accounts at both and have always been happy with the service I've received...

(Allegheny County)

Yeah I have accounts at Citizens and Clearview FCU. The thin about Citizens and PNC in the Pittsburgh area is you either love em or hate em for the most part. It all depends on what options you have. I know PNC is big with the colleges and usually have an ATM on the campus. If you're driving a lot while here and shop at Giant Eagle Citizens maybe the better choice since you can earn extra fuel discounts.