Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Nazi's at Gettysburg

Quote Originally Posted by thanker92 View Post
    . . . people are killing each other in the name of (G)od . . . I thought religion was based on love.....
    Hmm, careful there. First, it's usually the perversion of a religion that gets the violence flowing.

Second, depends on the religion. Without getting overly specific, we're in a situation now, I think, where the history of one particular religion shows pretty clearly that it has some serious flaws built right into it.

Quote Originally Posted by thanker92 View Post
    At least these Nazi idiots will hate you no matter what religion you are.
    True enough there, although Hitler's Nazism had plenty of religious aspects based on Nordic mythology. Still, bunch of dangerous wackos no matter how you slice it.

Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. -- Jeff Cooper

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    And I will admit, being VERY stupid back in my early 20's I thinking I was taking pride in my German heritage I owned many Nazi items, and in my 'wanna be biker' days I wore SS wings on my vest along with other items. It was the wrong way to take pride in being of German decent and I learned that a few years later .... I was young and dumb.
    Just be sure to differentiate, I don't think taking pride in your heritage, and where you came from is wrong at all. We should reflect upon our past, and what made us today. I think the distinction is when you would take pride in the hateful things. If a relative fought for the SS, and you embraced it as an "awesome" thing, or something of the sort, that is, I think, when the line is crossed. They are still family, but the pride is taken in the member, not what they stood for.

Personally, I am of mainly German decent as well. I take much pride in where I came from, and what has taken part to make me into what I am today. I had family that fought on the US side of WWII, but as far as I know, I didn't have any relatives on the opposing.

I think you said it best in your statement, "It was the wrong way to take pride in being of German decent..."

But I don't think anyone should withhold pride of their heritage. Just be sure it's the heritage, and not the hatred that is being embraced.
    III%

(Adams County)

I hold my hate far to precious to give to someone I don't know.

With that said, There are hate groups of many races. It seems to me more focus is put on the white power groups, Yet, Groups that harbor anti white propaganda are ignored.

Why is the focus always upon whites? Are we to be ashamed of being so? (History lesson: The Moors where HUGE on enslaving many races, Even breeding the pure blood out. Anyone wanna take a guess at THEIR race??)

No matter WHO tries to rewrite history, It will never change the fact that racist mentalities will always have a hold on some groups.

It is unfortunately quite natural for us to hate. To seek elitism.

Hell, How many Steelers fans hate Ravens fans???

Just sayin'..

I)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234