Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Range at the Game Lands (205) off of Rt. 100?

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    hint, there is another range within 20 minutes of the 100 range that is also SGL and free.

I have NEVER had any company anytime I have visited that range.
    Where is this one located? PM me if you want to keep it that way lol.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Roland45 View Post
    REMEMBER,
    That all Pa game comm laws are stricly enforced at the ranges, you need to read and understand all the funny little laws like magazine capacities and so on if you do not want to be cited and fined out the ass.
    Been there done that, saw an officer hide behind an unmarked vehicle, and repeatedly come out and fine at least 7 people there. they are sneaky, looking to catch people even on the SLIGHTEST infringement. Let's just say that you better mind your ps and qs there, there are NO WARNINGS! They will fine you there for anything. I met aguy that was there with a bunch of other shooters, and they all supposedly got fined for shooting 10 minutes earlier than the designated start time.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by soularcher View Post
    Been there done that, saw an officer hide behind an unmarked vehicle, and repeatedly come out and fine at least 7 people there. they are sneaky, looking to catch people even on the SLIGHTEST infringement. Let's just say that you better mind your ps and qs there, there are NO WARNINGS! They will fine you there for anything. I met aguy that was there with a bunch of other shooters, and they all supposedly got fined for shooting 10 minutes earlier than the designated start time.
    yeah I've been there a few times where people got busted... always for doing stupid shit that was directly in violation of the rules. Got spoken to once over having a folding stock on my SKS and was "encouraged" not to see how fast I can swap mags w/ 3 rounds each in my AK hehe

3 rounds / mag x 5 mags is way more fun then 3 rounds at a time :P

I actually saw someone get a fine for not cleaning up his trash... I thanked the warden for that one :P
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by melD View Post
    What's that place like? I was thinking about going up there until I can get into a club.

The game lands in Pittsburgh could be an experience, I was wondering if this one is a little more sane.

thanks
    Your going to drive 250 miles to get to a free gamelands range! You could probably join a club for three years for what your going to spend on gas.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

(Lehigh County)

No, I've only lived here in the wonderful Lehigh valley since October of last year. I was a westy before that.

(Lehigh County)

You can join Ontelaunee if you're looking for something in that area. It's 20 bucks a year, and they have 25, 50 100, 200, and 300 yard ranges. they are also talking about putting in a 500 or 600 yard range. World class traps, and a decent 3d archery path too. The club is awesome, it is almost never crowded when I go there, and no pesky wardens to fine you for shooting 15 minutes before range hours, or for having more that 3 rounds in the gun at once.

(Lehigh County)

Ontelaunee patrols the ranges regularly and many things are not allowed, including:
    -No mid-range shooting
    -No fully automatic rifles
    -Paper only targets

This is just to name a few. The rules are posted on the range and guests are NOT allowed due to insurance reasons.

You also must have your membership card visible at all times while there.

(Lehigh County)

Ontelaunee is awesome. I have never had a problem there. Personally, I appreciate the fact that they check IDs, and keep it for paying members only. The people are always friendly, you just need to wear your membership id, and unlike the gamelands, it isn't annoyingly full of people, no waiting for benches, no hyper ticket crazy wardens to fine you for evrything and anything that they can.

Again, just my opinion.

(Lehigh County)

Has anyone heard that the game commission has approved the requirement of permitsto use the public shooting ranges? For those shooterts that do not display a valid hunting license, a permit will need to be purchased to use the ranges. The change will be effective as of April this year.

(Lehigh County)

If you guys are looking for a place to shoot Alburtis rod and gun club is fairly easy to join. 45 for the first year 20 for the years after that. Just ring the bell and tell the bar tender you would like to join I haven't heard of anyone turned down yet, so if they put a hold on memberships I apologize but I think you can join. They have a separate pistol range, 50, 100 yard rifle range. They stock the mine shaft with dandies (trout) also. they have 150 acres to hunt but I do not hunt there usually. The hunting to me would only be a archery spot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast