Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Target World-Chalfont-Any Reports??

According to their website, Target World (not Target Master) around Chalfont has an indoor range open to the public by the hour or with a membership. Anyone ever been there and used it or at least looked at it?? Comments would be appreciated if so. Thanks

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Target World-Chalfont-Any Reports??

I got a membership there when I first moved into the area from Baltimore and I still shoot there occasionally.

It's not a bad range. My only gripe about the place is there's no AC and they have to move a lot of outside air through the range to evacuate the smoke. It gets real hot in there in the summer because they're blowing hot outside air in.

I think the range at French Creek Outfitters in Phoenixville is better and since I live as close to French Creek as I do to Target World, I go to French Creek more often.

The only time I shoot at either place is during the winter, but I doubt I'll hit either place much anymore since my gun club just opened a new indoor range.

French Creek would be a much farther trip for you. Coming from where you are, I'd still recommend the range at Target World.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Karys View Post
    I got a membership there when I first moved into the area from Baltimore and I still shoot there occasionally.

It's not a bad range. My only gripe about the place is there's no AC and they have to move a lot of outside air through the range to evacuate the smoke. It gets real hot in there in the summer because they're blowing hot outside air in.

I think the range at French Creek Outfitters in Phoenixville is better and since I live as close to French Creek as I do to Target World, I go to French Creek more often.

The only time I shoot at either place is during the winter, but I doubt I'll hit either place much anymore since my gun club just opened a new indoor range.

French Creek would be a much farther trip for you. Coming from where you are, I'd still recommend the range at Target World.

If you don't mind my asking, what is your local club?

I have been to Target World a few times, it seemed nice enough of a place. Staff was always polite to me.

(Montgomery County)

i have a membership at target world and also french creek . they are both nice places. i also shoot at french creek state game lands outside range. it`s free, and open to the public.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by BradC View Post
    If you don't mind my asking, what is your local club?
    I belong to Branch Valley Fish, Game and Forestry in Perkasie.

I don't believe they're accepting new members now.

Here's their link: http://www.branchvalleyfgfassoc.org/

(Northampton County)

Thanks for the replies. My use of Targetworld would be limited to a winter time membership. I like to shoot during the winter months but for health reasons my sinuses cant take the cold since I got older.

Seems like it would be warm enough during the winter months being an indoor range at Targetworld?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Karys View Post
    I belong to Branch Valley Fish, Game and Forestry in Perkasie.

I don't believe they're accepting new members now.

Here's their link: http://www.branchvalleyfgfassoc.org/
    Thank you. I am new to this area, and every nice place I hear about is closed to new members...boo!

Thanks though, I will mail in for the waiting list

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by John-Pa View Post
    Seems like it would be warm enough during the winter months being an indoor range at Targetworld?
    Oh sure. I've never had temperature issues there in the winter months. I've always been comfortable there at that time.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by BradC View Post
    Thank you. I am new to this area, and every nice place I hear about is closed to new members...boo!

Thanks though, I will mail in for the waiting list
    Annual BVFGFA membership renewals are due now and I'm certain there will be some people that will not renew.

Several members here have asked me about openings at Branch Valley. They won't know if they have any openings until January or February. As soon as I find out there are openings, I'll put up a post in the Montgomery and Bucks county forums.

(Northampton County)

John, this isn't what you asked, and I have no experiance with the range you are talking about, but I thought I'd offer another option. Are you aware of The Firing Line? They are in Whitehall, a little closer then Chalfont.

Of course their site is currentlly down, but they are part of the above non-profit organization. They are a public range with hourly rates, and memberships. And if you are a LEO, the memberships are cheap.

Just an option,
    JD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast