Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Mindset Training

I was reading the post about the OC disarm, and how everyone was stating keeping SA up. One person even mentioned he failed (or passed) the interview from the BG. All this talk reminded me of a site I'm in the process of reading. It's a HUGE site, that covers many, many different kinds of aspects, but it's all about self-defense.

http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/

I did a search, and someone mentioned it once before, but it was a very short thread, and I feel that this could help people who either needs to improve, refine, or just wants to have fun and read a ton, lol.

It's in no shape a cookie-cutter, do-this-and-you'll-be-safe, kind of site. They explain, at varying levels, why things happen the way they do when things go wrong.

The author of a book series I read, Barry Eisler, recommended this site, and I couldn't help but go and check it out. If you're into hitman-thriller-suspense books, I implore you to check him out. Not only does he show you what its like living in constant condition yellow/orange-ish red, you can learn tricks of surveillance, counter-surveillance, escape, etc.

Hope someone finds this useful!

Blank

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Mindset Training

Yes, I have read some of the books by Marc "Animal" Macyoung who puts that site out. He has definitely walked the walk and survived his 'younger and dumber' years with a lot of stories and experience. He gets into the psychology behind a lot of human interaction leading to violence and how to be aware of it. He has a background in N.L.P. which really helps analyze things.

It really is true that everything is mental and mental conditioning is the most overlooked aspect in any area of performance. I guess its tough to try to simulate the intensity of any violent encounter. I think if you practice under some stress and deal with realistic scenarios and mentally visualize how you will react it really will help program you to correctly respond in the moment of truth.

The fellow 'mercop' who posts on this site seems to have a lot of experience/good advice on things...