Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Any SR9C Owners?

I thinking about picking up a SR9C to CC and was wondering if anyone had some experience shooting one.

The reasons I like the Ruger are as follows
    1. I have ham hands so LCP's and such just don't feel right
    2. I like 17 rounds
    3. I like the price

I'm also open for suggestions.
    I want something that is a little smaller than my 239 with more rounds.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Any SR9C Owners?

Checked out P-07?

Quote Originally Posted by falcn View Post
    Checked out P-07?
    You mean a H&K P7? No I haven't.

(Allegheny County)

I have one and so does my buddy now after he shot mine, being a subcompact firearm its very accurate and the 17 round mag with the grip extension is a good idea its well worth it!!!!!!!!!

Thanks that was what I wanted to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by 7998 View Post
    You mean a H&K P7? No I haven't.
    I think he means the CZ P-07.

It's about 0.5" longer/taller than the SR9c though. And thicker across the decocker / safety.

http://cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-p07-duty/

Quote Originally Posted by 7998 View Post
    I thinking about picking up a SR9C to CC and was wondering if anyone had some experience shooting one.
    Have had one for a few weeks now, carry it daily and have close to 600 rounds through it.

Its stiff, the tolerances on this thing are tight and its very tight still, so weaker hands have a little issue activating the slide.

The trigger at first sucks, but a good cleaning and removing the goo they ship in it fixes that.

It is by far the most accurate compact i have used, over and above even my previous fave the Xd9 which i have now sold. Sure my Browing Hi-Power can beat it but frankly not by much, the SR9c puts in a darn good show for its short barrel.

The recoil is easy to handle, indeed (this is very subjective) it seems i can shoot with a lot more tolerance and comfort for longer.

Is it perfect, no, personally i dont like the safety but thats me and it feels weird.

Over all I would recommend it any day, its a little heavy for some that prefer the LCPs etc but overall its not bad and you get a lot of ammunition (and cheaper ammo at that) in one gun. I carry with the 10 round magazine and pinkie extension, very nice to use, but i practice with the 16 round.

They are a little tricky to get, few of our distributors seem to have them, i actually got mine direct from Ruger on the NRA Instructor discount program.
    NRA Instructor and FFL in Central Ohio.
    Owner of GunEnvy. Home of the $20 transfer and many other deals. See our Facebook page for more.

Quote Originally Posted by docpadds View Post
    Have had one for a few weeks now, carry it daily and have close to 600 rounds through it.

Its stiff, the tolerances on this thing are tight and its very tight still, so weaker hands have a little issue activating the slide.

The trigger at first sucks, but a good cleaning and removing the goo they ship in it fixes that.

It is by far the most accurate compact i have used, over and above even my previous fave the Xd9 which i have now sold. Sure my Browing Hi-Power can beat it but frankly not by much, the SR9c puts in a darn good show for its short barrel.

The recoil is easy to handle, indeed (this is very subjective) it seems i can shoot with a lot more tolerance and comfort for longer.

Is it perfect, no, personally i dont like the safety but thats me and it feels weird.

Over all I would recommend it any day, its a little heavy for some that prefer the LCPs etc but overall its not bad and you get a lot of ammunition (and cheaper ammo at that) in one gun. I carry with the 10 round magazine and pinkie extension, very nice to use, but i practice with the 16 round.

They are a little tricky to get, few of our distributors seem to have them, i actually got mine direct from Ruger on the NRA Instructor discount program.
    Great review. Thanks

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by docpadds View Post

Agree on all counts, though I like the location and feel of the safety. I posted my review here (http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/10...ml#post1312056) before reading this one.