Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: just love my p7

(Cumberland County)

Default just love my p7

I'm telling you, imo the H&K P7 has to be one of the best pistols ever made. Picked mine up a year ago or so, and it continues to amaze me. I'm a whimp when it comes to carrying an automatic with one in the chamber - always worries me, but not with the P7 - safest design ever with the squeeze decocker. Have never had a jam or misfire, and it is dead on accurate. The ultimate home defense, carry gun, etc.. I'm getting use to my new sob holster for summer carry. I think I will be picking up another one or two - but don't think I'll find the same deal I got from Top Gun last year - I got the psp older version, a West German Police/etc. in mint condition for $ 525. Maybe a .40 or 380 ? I'll start saving now. If I had to go with only one gun in the collection, this would be it !
    I see a lot of folks asking what to get for a first gun - spend the extra and get this baby, you won't be disappointed !

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: just love my p7

The P7 is a fine pistol, and that is coming from a wheel gunner. I sent mine off to Robar a while back and they did a bang up job on it. Roguard matte black on the outside, NP3 on the internals and accents.

The P7 would not make a good first handgun in my opinion. It operates like no other pistol out there. As always a good rimfire makes a perfect first handgun (revolver or auto).

The one really cool feature (there are more then one) on the P7 that I dig is the fluted chamber. In the event that the extractor is removed, broken or malfunctioning, the fluted chamber directs gas backwards to "blow" the casing out of the chamber. A very very cool and very German feature.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Cumberland County)

I want one. No suprise there.

When you say SOB holster do you mean small of back? Or is there a Son of a Bitch holster company I don't know about? Either way, if you have to wear a pistol in the small of your back don't wear it like that in the car. A well known gun writer was paralyzed by doing this because he was in an accident and the gun essentially broke his back. Just sayin.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    I want one. No suprise there.

When you say SOB holster do you mean small of back? Or is there a Son of a Bitch holster company I don't know about? Either way, if you have to wear a pistol in the small of your back don't wear it like that in the car. A well known gun writer was paralyzed by doing this because he was in an accident and the gun essentially broke his back. Just sayin.
    yes, small of back, and thanks - i do take it out when i drive because it was uncomfortable - your info. makes me glad i do keep your eyes peeled like i did. i wanted the p7 but didn't want to pay $ 1,000 or more, and finally top gun had them cheap and in great condition. haven't seen many good prices on gunbroker or gunsamerica, or other sites. top gun has them back, but they are $ 799 now. good luck !

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    The P7 is a fine pistol, and that is coming from a wheel gunner. I sent mine off to Robar a while back and they did a bang up job on it. Roguard matte black on the outside, NP3 on the internals and accents.

The P7 would not make a good first handgun in my opinion. It operates like no other pistol out there. As always a good rimfire makes a perfect first handgun (revolver or auto).

The one really cool feature (there are more then one) on the P7 that I dig is the fluted chamber. In the event that the extractor is removed, broken or malfunctioning, the fluted chamber directs gas backwards to "blow" the casing out of the chamber. A very very cool and very German feature.
    I remember seeing pics of your p7 a while back, it's beautiful ! I may send it off some day to do the same, but it's in great shape and I hate to be without it - lol. I added some really nice half checkered walnut grips which really makes it pop and that will probably be it for a while. Thanks !

(Montgomery County)

I really want / need a P7.
    My only problem is I'm afraid that it will lead to another addiction and that's the last thing I need

Steve - could you and the rest of the P7 owners post up some pictures?

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    yes, small of back, and thanks - i do take it out when i drive because it was uncomfortable - your info. makes me glad i do keep your eyes peeled like i did. i wanted the p7 but didn't want to pay $ 1,000 or more, and finally top gun had them cheap and in great condition. haven't seen many good prices on gunbroker or gunsamerica, or other sites. top gun has them back, but they are $ 799 now. good luck !
    Word. Wouldn't want ya getting paralyzed.

Summit gun broker had them for a good price a little while back and I'm still kicking myself for not jumping on it.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1blindref View Post
    I really want / need a P7.
    My only problem is I'm afraid that it will lead to another addiction and that's the last thing I need

Steve - could you and the rest of the P7 owners post up some pictures?
    Here's mine - only thing I added was the Walnut grips, I think they add a nice look
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Montgomery County)

Here is the thread I started last year. The only difference now is that I had the trijicon sights mounted...

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/787...tml#post973793

BTW Ref, you can shoot it at CP if we manage to run into each other there.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    Here is the thread I started last year. The only difference now is that I had the trijicon sights mounted...

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/787...tml#post973793

BTW Ref, you can shoot it at CP if we manage to run into each other there.
    Thanks cruzans and Steve! I remember seeing that thread. Very nice gun.

I shot one at CP (do you know Jerry?) a while back and that's when the "itch" started. I've been talking to Joeybones about them as well. He's up to speed on what to look for in a used gun.

CP had one for sale a while back, but I didn't have the funds and I had not done enough research on them to feel comfortable buying one.

Thanks for the offer to shoot it. I'll definitely take you up on it.
    I'm planing on going to CP this Saturday morning around 9am.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast