Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default New Guy Question

I just moved to Kingston in March. I normally shoot with a buddy once every other month at Stockertown R&G club but that is a haul for me. My wife and I want to shoot somewhere local but I can't find a range that is close. I have been to WBRP and it's great but a little out of our budget. I heard there's a range right up the road in Dallas but can't confirm that. Can anyone help?

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: New Guy Question

Quote Originally Posted by SEZ-ME View Post
    I just moved to Kingston in March. I normally shoot with a buddy once every other month at Stockertown R&G club but that is a haul for me. My wife and I want to shoot somewhere local but I can't find a range that is close. I have been to WBRP and it's great but a little out of our budget. I heard there's a range right up the road in Dallas but can't confirm that. Can anyone help?
    I think that would be the one the Irem Temple has. Not sure about that. There is two or three public ranges in the area. One in Sweet Vally. One near Pittston. And one in Archbald.

Oh and welcome to the forum.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Luzerne County)

As was mentioned there are some Game Commission ranges local to you that I use as I live in Exeter. There is one in Suscon which is just outside of Pittston which is ok but there is no pistol range there, only rifle. There is one in Sweet Valley but that seemed far for me and I have never been there. The one in Archbald is my favorite as of yet. There is are seperate ranges for clay bird shooting (shotguns), pistols, 100 yard and 200 yard rifle ranges.

The rifle ranges are covered as well in case it rains. You always run the risk of running into no-it-alls but for the most part it is pretty good.

If you ever want to go shooting let me know. Just PM me for my contact info.

(Luzerne County)

Thanks for the help and the welcome guys. I will be sure to try to check those places out. I have had a hard time finding 9mm ammo here but once I do, I'll be more than happy to join some of you at one of the ranges.

(Luzerne County)

I tend to frequent Advanced Arms in Pittston. I haven't bought ammo there as I have hundreds of rounds of reloads but they tend to carry a decent inventory. You could also try George's Reloading in Exeter.

(Luzerne County)

I also live in Kingston, I moved there last June. I go to the range out in Sweet Valley pretty often. The range is nothing special. Theres a 100 yard rifle range, and a 25 yard pistol range. It rarely ever gets crowded and is really layed back. Out of all the times I have been there it was a positive experience, most of the people you meet there are nice folks. I used to live only a few miles away before I moved into town.

As for a range in dallas, I am not aware of one. I'd love to know where it is if there really is one. Sorry I am of no help.
    Last edited by redbeard86; June 11th, 2010 at 09:07 PM.

(Luzerne County)

I will be heading to the one in Archbald tomorrow mid morning. I am really looking forward to it as I have been really busy lately and am planning on a more fun relaxing day.

I am thinking about leaving most of my typical pistols home and just take my carry pistol which I always practice at least some with and my black powder revolver. I am looking to leave the formal technical shooting mentality home and just relax. It has been a long time since I took out the 1858 Army revolver and it is always fun to "blow some smoke" literally that is.

If anyone is interested feel free to PM me or meet me up there.

(Monroe County)

Thanks for the help and the welcome guys. I will be sure to try to check those places out. I have had a hard time finding 9mm ammo here but once I do, I'll be more than happy to join some of you at one of the ranges.
    Do not laugh at this: try Wal-Mart.
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!

(Luzerne County)

The Wal-Mart here only carries shotgun ammo. Big downer for me as I don't own a shotgun. I can't wait to re-up my supply and have a day at the range.

(Luzerne County)

Smile Re: New Guy Question

Wrong! If you go to the gun counter at Walmart and tell them you were "sent by Joe", they will sell you handgun ammo which they keep under the counter. But don't tell anyone I told you.
    You'd Better Hope Your Insane, Cause There's No Cure For Stupid!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast