Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Springfield EMP 9mm

any experience/opinions on this? ive been doing a bit of research but i figured id delve into the wealth of knowledge amongst the users here. lets here what youve got.

(Pike County)

Default Re: Springfield EMP 9mm

I have had an EMP since 10/07 and lost count of how many rounds I put thru it, easily > 6000. Check out these threads for some good feedback.

http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/10...field-emp.html

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/729...-opinions.html

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid-a-hand on.
    I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Wayne - The Shootist

Many of the truths we cling to... depend greatly on our own point of view. - Obi-Wan Kenobi

(Cumberland County)

I think they're sexy ass hell, but I always figured they'd be wonky like most tiny 1911 style pistols. From what CharlieB said maybe not though.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Allegheny County)

I bought one a couple of months ago. Shot about 300 rounds in it and have been carrying it daily for the past 3 weeks. (My usual EDC gun is a Glock 19)

I really like the gun, it is a shooter. No malfunctions at all. Very accurate. But, it is just not for me, I am trading it to a friend for two Glocks this weekend.

I was planning on playing with it all summer and then decide if I was going to keep it, but today I decided to go ahead and trade it.

For me, the grip length is not much different than that of my Glock 19, so the ease of concealment is not that much of a difference for me. (Using a good quality holster and belt combo)

I also couldn't get over the fact that they put a 3" barrel on a gun with an almost full length grip. Why? (Just something that really nagged me.)

Again, I like the gun; it is a shooter, but not my cup of tea. My buddy is ecstatic about the trade though
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post
    I bought one a couple of months ago. Shot about 300 rounds in it and have been carrying it daily for the past 3 weeks. (My usual EDC gun is a Glock 19)

I really like the gun, it is a shooter. No malfunctions at all. Very accurate. But, it is just not for me, I am trading it to a friend for two Glocks this weekend.

I was planning on playing with it all summer and then decide if I was going to keep it, but today I decided to go ahead and trade it.

For me, the grip length is not much different than that of my Glock 19, so the ease of concealment is not that much of a difference for me. (Using a good quality holster and belt combo)

I also couldn't get over the fact that they put a 3" barrel on a gun with an almost full length grip. Why? (Just something that really nagged me.)

Again, I like the gun; it is a shooter, but not my cup of tea. My buddy is ecstatic about the trade though

i actually like the big grip on a smaller barrel because i have bear paw hands lol. typically i cant get a good grasp on smaller guns. how does it compare width wise to your glock 19?

(Allegheny County)

It is thinner than the 19.

As for the grip, I agree if you have bigger hands the grip being longer helps in the shooting aspects, but why a 3" barrel? The barrel length is never the problem in concealment. This gun is perfect for IWB carry and that being the case a 3 1/2" or 4" barrel length would be ideal. (And make the gun look proportional )

Now that I'm getting my third 19 again, I am looking at sending it off to Bowie Tactical and having a custom 19 built. I am thinking of getting a grip reduction and shortening the 19s grip to a 26 length grip.

A friend of mine just did it with a full size S&W M&P, and I kind of like that idea.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post
    It is thinner than the 19.

As for the grip, I agree if you have bigger hands the grip being longer helps in the shooting aspects, but why a 3" barrel? The barrel length is never the problem in concealment. This gun is perfect for IWB carry and that being the case a 3 1/2" or 4" barrel length would be ideal. (And make the gun look proportional )

Now that I'm getting my third 19 again, I am looking at sending it off to Bowie Tactical and having a custom 19 built. I am thinking of getting a grip reduction and shortening the 19s grip to a 26 length grip.

A friend of mine just did it with a full size S&W M&P, and I kind of like that idea.
    the small barrel doesnt really bother me... ive got a walther that ive carried with a 3.5" barrel. ive also got the opposite end of the spectrum ... a 686P with a 6" and a desert eagle for the huge grip size and big barrel. i think something small that i can conceal easily, and shoot ALOT would be perfect for me... and using a small gun that could potential help me improve my shooting skills would be great since im relatively new to the hobby/sport.