Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Judge says convicted molester can hunt

NORRISTOWN -- A convicted child molester can possess a gun so he can go hunting while on probation, a Montgomery County judge has ruled.

David Raymond Giese, 47, formerly of Lower Providence, shall be permitted to engage in hunting activities and possess hunting weapons, Judge William J. Furber Jr. ruled, according to a court order filed Wednesday.
    Advertisement

"This permission is subject to revocation by the Montgomery County Adult Probation and Parole Department in its sole discretion at any time," Furber wrote in the order. Giese sought the judge’s permission while he completes the probationary part of a sentence he received in 2004 for having indecent contact with a 14-year-old girl.

"Prior to (Giese’s) apprehension ... defendant was an avid hunter of game," defense lawyer Peter E. Bort previously wrote in a court document requesting that Giese be permitted to carry weapons solely for the purpose of hunting. Bort said county probation officers do not oppose Giese’s request.

Furber, who imposed Giese’s punishment, had to address the issue because it involved an exception to Giese’s probation conditions.

On Feb. 5, 2004, Giese, formerly of Pawlings Road, pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges of indecent assault and corruption of a minor in connection with inappropriate contact he had with a 14-year-old girl in the township in July 2003. Giese touched and fondled the girl’s body in an inappropriate manner when she was in his company at a township residence on July 27, 2003, according to a criminal complaint.

As part of a plea agreement, Furber sentenced Giese to six to 23 months in jail to be followed by three years’ probation. Giese, who also listed an address in the 1800 block of West Marshall Street, Norristown, was paroled after serving his minimum sentence and is currently serving the remainder of his probation.

Default Re: Judge says convicted molester can hunt

I can't help but reply to your post. If I got it wrong, I ask for your forgiv-
    ness. It appears you're implying this person that committed the crime of
    child-molestation should not have hunting rights. Why does such a person
    have to be denied such a priviledege? The crime didn't involve a gun!!! I
    get the impression that once a person does a crime everything goes downhill.
    Being a child molester doesn't mean he's apt to commit gun crimes. It's
    unnerving how society takes the view once a person does a particular crime
    they're likely to take part in other types of crime. Did that person use a
    gun on the girl he molested? Society just a little too tough, paranoid and
    unreasonable sometimes.

The guy was on probation. When on probation, reguardless of the crime one is not allowed to have or be in contact with guns.
    Last edited by Lazylaser; January 31st, 2009 at 03:43 AM.
    In order to get intelligent answers you must speak intelligently.

(Jefferson County)

You cant have other "weapons" too like bow&arrow, big hunting knives, swords, etc, while on probation.

If you all will note, it doesn't say anything about a gun or firearm - just a "weapon". If that guy was convicted of a M1, which I'm guessing due to the types of crimes, the judge's order is as worthless as the paper it is written on in regards to guns. But the guy can hunt with a bow with the judge's permission. The corruption of a minor is prohibiting in itself of possessing a firearm.

I'm suspecting that this is media hype to polarize and stun sheeple, and the weapon truly in question is a bow/crossbow. First things people think of when the words "hunting" and "weapon" are mentioned is guns and firearms - when its possible to hunt without either.

I know a person that was 120hr 302'd with judgement, but she still hunts legally. ...with a bow. I've gut a second cousin with a F3 that hunts too. Cant touch a gun, but a bow is still legal.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by judgecart View Post
    I can't help but reply to your post. If I got it wrong, I ask for your forgiv-
    ness. It appears you're implying this person that committed the crime of
    child-molestation should not have hunting rights. Why does such a person
    have to be denied such a priviledege? The crime didn't involve a gun!!! I
    get the impression that once a person does a crime everything goes downhill.
    Being a child molester doesn't mean he's apt to commit gun crimes. It's
    unnerving how society takes the view once a person does a particular crime
    they're likely to take part in other types of crime. Did that person use a
    gun on the girl he molested? Society just a little too tough, paranoid and
    unreasonable sometimes.
    a man who molests children shouldn't be allowed the use of his fucking hands, much less a weapon.

The 'Burg-Northern Berks County, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunners762 View Post
    NORRISTOWN -- A convicted child molester can possess a gun so he can go hunting while on probation, a Montgomery County judge has ruled.

Giese sought the judge’s permission while he completes the probationary part of a sentence he received in 2004 for having indecent contact with a 14-year-old girl.
    I fully support his desire to go hunting.........in the woods..........with all those OTHER hunters........who will know what he did.........lots of hunting "accidents" out there----don't ya know

What WMU will he be in..................I'll order my tag..................

This was posted over two years ago and you guys are just now talking about it?

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    This was posted over two years ago and you guys are just now talking about it?
    Hah! Good catch.
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

(Jefferson County)

grrr.. I just saw that now too after replying.

Necrothread bumping should have some sort of punishment.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    grrr.. I just saw that now too after replying.

Necrothread bumping should have some sort of punishment.
    alright, from here on out, punishment for "necrothread bumping" will be to transfer one of your personal firearm to the CrazyWhiteGuy for every post following said bump (including posts in other more recent threads). CrazyWhiteGuy agrees to pay partially for any applicable FFL fees involved in the process, but the transfered firearm will be a "gift" from the bumper of the "necrothread".

how is that?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast