First I'd like to thank everyone who helped me.

I got out early today so I decided to drive around to all the local gun shops and see what kind of deals they had on shotguns. Most places had numerous brands and styles of course, one place had about half a dozen used police shotguns, Remington 870's, the only bad thing was that the inside of the barrels were gouged horribly, deep scratches by the end of the barrel closer to the reciever...I'm guessing that's bad right ???

Another place had some 870's with those Knox adjustable stocks, with a SWEET recoil system also. I refused to buy one though until I checked every place out, to make sure I was getting the best bang for my buck.

I stopped at a place I do pretty much all my buisness in because the guys there are great and will tell you the truth, be it good or bad. They had the 500, 590, 870, 11-87, Benelli ect...They had 1 Mossberg 500 for an EXTREMLY good deal. It came with the ATI folding stock, 20" barrel, heat sheild, extended magazine and an extra shell holder for the stock. It was a parkerized finish as opposed to a blued finish...although not sure which one is better. It has a bead front sight with the option to remove that piece on top of the receiver and put a ghost ring rear sight or a rail for a scope.

I believe it was an extremly good deal at least....$160 and also has less than 50 rounds shot through her, plus all the other stuff it came with.

If anyone has any opinions, comments or suggestions I would love to hear them. I still need to buy a sling and also the guy told me to get a Wolf spring and a Choate follower, that it will increase function and avoid jamming a lot. This is my first shotgun so I want to make sure I have this thing running at 110% ALL the time. Especially since it's my home defense weapon.

Thanks, Pround new owner of a Mossberg 500