Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Just got my first shotgun !!!

First I'd like to thank everyone who helped me.

I got out early today so I decided to drive around to all the local gun shops and see what kind of deals they had on shotguns. Most places had numerous brands and styles of course, one place had about half a dozen used police shotguns, Remington 870's, the only bad thing was that the inside of the barrels were gouged horribly, deep scratches by the end of the barrel closer to the reciever...I'm guessing that's bad right ???

Another place had some 870's with those Knox adjustable stocks, with a SWEET recoil system also. I refused to buy one though until I checked every place out, to make sure I was getting the best bang for my buck.

I stopped at a place I do pretty much all my buisness in because the guys there are great and will tell you the truth, be it good or bad. They had the 500, 590, 870, 11-87, Benelli ect...They had 1 Mossberg 500 for an EXTREMLY good deal. It came with the ATI folding stock, 20" barrel, heat sheild, extended magazine and an extra shell holder for the stock. It was a parkerized finish as opposed to a blued finish...although not sure which one is better. It has a bead front sight with the option to remove that piece on top of the receiver and put a ghost ring rear sight or a rail for a scope.

I believe it was an extremly good deal at least....$160 and also has less than 50 rounds shot through her, plus all the other stuff it came with.

If anyone has any opinions, comments or suggestions I would love to hear them. I still need to buy a sling and also the guy told me to get a Wolf spring and a Choate follower, that it will increase function and avoid jamming a lot. This is my first shotgun so I want to make sure I have this thing running at 110% ALL the time. Especially since it's my home defense weapon.

Thanks, Pround new owner of a Mossberg 500
    When ALL else fails...the AK won't !! Emotions...??? emotions are for people who CARE !!!

Default Re: Just got my first shotgun !!!

Quote Originally Posted by PhilaShooter View Post
    First I'd like to thank everyone who helped me.

I got out early today so I decided to drive around to all the local gun shops and see what kind of deals they had on shotguns. Most places had numerous brands and styles of course, one place had about half a dozen used police shotguns, Remington 870's, the only bad thing was that the inside of the barrels were gouged horribly, deep scratches by the end of the barrel closer to the reciever...I'm guessing that's bad right ???

Another place had some 870's with those Knox adjustable stocks, with a SWEET recoil system also. I refused to buy one though until I checked every place out, to make sure I was getting the best bang for my buck.

I stopped at a place I do pretty much all my buisness in because the guys there are great and will tell you the truth, be it good or bad. They had the 500, 590, 870, 11-87, Benelli ect...They had 1 Mossberg 500 for an EXTREMLY good deal. It came with the ATI folding stock, 20" barrel, heat sheild, extended magazine and an extra shell holder for the stock. It was a parkerized finish as opposed to a blued finish...although not sure which one is better. It has a bead front sight with the option to remove that piece on top of the receiver and put a ghost ring rear sight or a rail for a scope.

I believe it was an extremly good deal at least....$160 and also has less than 50 rounds shot through her, plus all the other stuff it came with.

If anyone has any opinions, comments or suggestions I would love to hear them. I still need to buy a sling and also the guy told me to get a Wolf spring and a Choate follower, that it will increase function and avoid jamming a lot. This is my first shotgun so I want to make sure I have this thing running at 110% ALL the time. Especially since it's my home defense weapon.

Thanks, Pround new owner of a Mossberg 500
    love my mossy, has everything yours has except the 20" i have an 18", 500's and 870's are very reliable guns and ive never had a problem with either

(Luzerne County)

Good luck with your new shotty. But beware they are adictive. You will soon be shopping for number two. Then number eleven.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Good luck with your new shotty. But beware they are adictive. You will soon be shopping for number two. Then number eleven.
    i have that issue with AK's

(Cumberland County)

Pics or you never even bought it...
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Lehigh County)

that sounds like a really really good deal. I bet that stock and shell holder add up to half the price depending on which stock it is.

I wouldve taken that deal in a minute

(Philadelphia County)

$160?!?!? Even used, that is a VERY good price.