Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default Carrying in Monroe County Administration Building

I have stop by the voter regerstration office later today, I just wanted to make sure there are no limitations to carrying in the Monroe County Administration Building. I do not believe there are any courts or holding cells for inmates, but wanted to double check.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Carrying in Monroe County Administration Building

I've open carried in there and nobody said a thing. AFAIK and seriously doubt there are any detention facilities or courts inside.

If there are any courts, they are required by law to have a firearms check in area.

If there are any detention facilities, it will quickly become apparent where you are about to enter and they will (or should) ask if you have any weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    I've open carried in there and nobody said a thing. AFAIK and seriously doubt there are any detention facilities or courts inside.

If there are any courts, they are required by law to have a firearms check in area.

If there are any detention facilities, it will quickly become apparent where you are about to enter and they will (or should) ask if you have any weapons.
    OK, thanks for the heads up!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ross11988 View Post
    OK, thanks for the heads up!
    no problem. besides, I could be wrong and I hope someone will correct me if I am, but it's a county building, thus falls under preemption. They can't legally ask you to leave for carrying a firearm, but if they do you should, otherwise face criminal trespass. Even if it's thrown out in court (which if they fall under preemption it will be), you will have to deal with being arrested and all that good stuff. Unless you have the time/money to do it Then you would get to make the county cry for breaking the law. Nobody wants that, so let's hope the county has their shit together.

That being said, you should be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post

They're also required to post signs indicating that it is a court facility and weapons are prohibited:

§913 (d)
    Posting of notice.—Notice of the provisions of subsections (a) and (e) shall be posted conspicuously at each public entrance to each courthouse or other building containing a court facility and each court facility, and no person shall be convicted of an offense under subsection (a)(1) with respect to a court facility if the notice was not so posted at each public entrance to the courthouse or other building containing a court facility and at the court facility unless the person had actual notice of the provisions of subsection (a).