Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Reciprocity Question

Maybe someone can clear this up for me because I'm a little confused. I'm going to WV in September for my sisters "bachelorette weekend". I have my LTCF from PA and I would feel much more comfortable if I were able to carry there. I see on the map that this site provides that we have an agreement with WV, and that's great. But this is what I'm a little foggy about. About 6 months ago (timing could be off some) an announcement came on the radio about 4 times while I was cooking dinner. It said that reciprocity agreements between states, any states, were no longer valid. Since then i've been under the impression that if I'm leaving the state for a trip, I'm leaving it unarmed. Does anyone know what happened with this? I tried to google it but didn't come up with much.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Reciprocity Question

Quote Originally Posted by PghLeigh View Post
    Maybe someone can clear this up for me because I'm a little confused. I'm going to WV in September for my sisters "bachelorette weekend". I have my LTCF from PA and I would feel much more comfortable if I were able to carry there. I see on the map that this site provides that we have an agreement with WV, and that's great. But this is what I'm a little foggy about. About 6 months ago (timing could be off some) an announcement came on the radio about 4 times while I was cooking dinner. It said that reciprocity agreements between states, any states, were no longer valid. Since then i've been under the impression that if I'm leaving the state for a trip, I'm leaving it unarmed. Does anyone know what happened with this? I tried to google it but didn't come up with much.
    WV will honor your license or permit as the case may be, so long as they have an agreement with your state of issuance. Last I heard WV was fine for a PA resident with an LTCF, the AG's website will list all agreements for you.

(York County)

Default Re: Reciprocity Question

Here's the link to the AG website... Read up on WV requirements....

ID