Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cambria County)

Default No holds barred.

I have been reading through the questions and answers of this website of encounters and standpoints of gun owners over approx the last two years. What i can not understand is why some people are so strong on one point???

For example. A certain thread i was in was a huge debate over how one dressed while carrying. Another i seen was how someone was treated during an encounter.

A lot of what i have been seeing on here is some one sitting behind a computer saying in their calm state of mind what they would have done in that situation.

I can say that i know after this am going to get examples of of how i should have already planned for this and so on.

Have to quote a "Family Guy"(If any are familiar) and say... You know what grinds my gears? how can people sit behind a computer and complain about how someone handled a situation? Did you deal with a similar situation? If you did and did it better than me , what gives you the right to tell me i dont deserve to carry a weapon. Is that no why we are here?

This site is not a substitute for a good "self defense with a weapon class",but why are we chasing members off for a simple little mistake when they were on the spot.

Sorry to rant and bitch, but every time i see someone post something , someone always has to come back and criticize something that they did wrong and make that person feel like they should never carry a gun.

Lets here the criticizim over this one.......

(Clinton County)

Default Re: No holds barred.

Quote Originally Posted by JGeezer1986 View Post
    I have been reading through the questions and answers of this website of encounters and standpoints of gun owners over approx the last two years. What i can not understand is why some people are so strong on one point???

For example. A certain thread i was in was a huge debate over how one dressed while carrying. Another i seen was how someone was treated during an encounter.

A lot of what i have been seeing on here is some one sitting behind a computer saying in their calm state of mind what they would have done in that situation.

I can say that i know after this am going to get examples of of how i should have already planned for this and so on.

Have to quote a "Family Guy"(If any are familiar) and say... You know what grinds my gears? how can people sit behind a computer and complain about how someone handled a situation? Did you deal with a similar situation? If you did and did it better than me , what gives you the right to tell me i dont deserve to carry a weapon. Is that no why we are here?

This site is not a substitute for a good "self defense with a weapon class",but why are we chasing members off for a simple little mistake when they were on the spot.

Sorry to rant and bitch, but every time i see someone post something , someone always has to come back and criticize something that they did wrong and make that person feel like they should never carry a gun.

Lets here the criticizim over this one.......
    I was going to say something. Then I got scared you would rant and bitch at me.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Venango County)

I know where you are coming from it seems like every time a newer member starts a thread, it erupts out of control.

Everyone has their opinions, and thoughts on certain things. But it seems that some members can't just state one, and let it go at that. It turns into a "Why do you think you are right? I'm right!" argument, that lasts for six pages.

I've been on, and moderated many more forums than I would care to admit to, that being said, this is one of the more relaxed ones. Casual jokes about the .45 vs 9mm debate, and the like make it almost like relaxing with old friends. However, there are some problematic posters that need to relax a bit.

(Bedford County)

I agree to an extent; there are plenty of newer members that are not as knowledgeable or "seasoned" as the rest. It takes time for them (myself included) to learn and acclimate to this very liberating and exciting idea that we actually have rights! I cannot begin to tell you how much I have learned over the course of a year at this website; it has been priceless!

Enough with the pafoa praise fest..

As far as the scrutiny of situations posted, there is a very valuable reason why member voice their opinions so rigidly at times. Every situation/experience posted on this forum is an opportunity to learn. What is the best way to learn? To breakdown the situation with opposing ideas or thoughts, and then analyze and find the best solution. I think the problem is more so that people post their encounters or situations for the purpose of getting a pat on the back or rep.. instead of posting it for others to learn and scrutinize.

That being said, the short answer for the members that don't fall under the above paragraph is this: Some people are assholes..
    I am not a lawyer !!

(Dauphin County)

I've posted similar notes about things spiraling into win/lose and name-calling. I think it's the nature of the beast. We're all passionate and we all want to see each other be successful and safe. We're not all polite or care about how we say, what we say. Mix those in a bowl and stand back.

I try to look past the sparks and learn - I don't think controlling the sparks beyond some basic courtesy is possible. And we seem to be pretty good at policing ourselves for the most part.

The agitation I get from some of this is the price of entry I think.

Stay safe, brother.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jshwak View Post
    That being said, the short answer for the members that don't fall under the above paragraph is this: Some people are assholes..
    Damn, you're on to me now.