Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Hybrid View

(Susquehanna County)

Default susquehanna county

I just moved to thompson in susquehanna county.Does anyone know if I can discharge firearms on my property for target practice and hunting.

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: susquehanna county

Quote Originally Posted by jesterking View Post
    I just moved to thompson in susquehanna county.Does anyone know if I can discharge firearms on my property for target practice and hunting.
    Welcome to both Susquehanna County and PAFOA!

I am not entirely sure where Thompson is but, check with your township supervisors, they should be able to answer your questions.

(Susquehanna County)

Talking Re: susquehanna county

That is a big NO. Two and a half years late on the answer, but hey. My mother lives in Thompson and we had a visit from the state police after a little 22 target practice. Cop said it was a safe range but local ordinance says no. You can still live in Thompson and shoot, just not if your property is in the boro. God knows I have thrown a lot of lead on the outskirts of town.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mahteen View Post
    That is a big NO. Two and a half years late on the answer, but hey. My mother lives in Thompson and we had a visit from the state police after a little 22 target practice. Cop said it was a safe range but local ordinance says no. You can still live in Thompson and shoot, just not if your property is in the boro. God knows I have thrown a lot of lead on the outskirts of town.

How long ago was did this happen and how big is the Boro?

The reason I ask is a friend of mine owns 240 acres in Thompson and we used to shot there quite often. His property is on the East side of rt171 (South) a few miles out of town. Plus I have a friend in Susquehanna and we has gone shooting in a number of areas with out any problems.

(Susquehanna County)

This lust happened last year. As far as the law, I don't know how long it has been in place, but it is only for within the boro limits. Pretty much anywhere south on 171 from the old gas station and garage out is open to shoot.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mahteen View Post
    This just happened last year. As far as the law, I don't know how long it has been in place, but it is only for within the boro limits. Pretty much anywhere south on 171 from the old gas station and garage out is open to shoot.

The old gas station, is that the old Curtis Sunoco station?

My buddys place is a few miles south down RT171, you make the first left onto a dirt road I think it had a sign SR162 or something like that, and that road cuts through his land.