Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default just letting you know for your safety!

today me and the GF went to the local TA truck stop for the lunch buffet ( pretty good eats for cheap),

i was taking her to a buddies range for her first time shooting pistols. i go up and get my food and when i sit down i get a psst excuse me sir, i answer and the guys says to me,
    him = did you know your gun is cocked?

me= yup suppose to be like that, dont worry your safe, small chuckle.

him= oh ok i was just letting you know for your safety so you didnt get hurt.. i'm from New York and am not use to seeing that !

me= yeah you guys cant do shit to protect yourselves can you? and then it was an agreement he is screwed and we went about eating..

other than that it was pretty much uneventful except for a couple of older women looking at me with disgust hate in their faces !! LOL i just smiled, waitress was very cool and i got a couple of side looks as people walked bye...

gf said oh wow i forgot you were wearing that .. she is very open to guns and carrying and a damn good shot now that she has learned the proper way to shoot and to relax, since we have only been going out a few weeks i was suprised at how open to it she is being a Democrat and all lol
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(York County)

Default Re: just letting you know for your safety!

Quote Originally Posted by 4XLT View Post
    today me and the GF went to the local TA truck stop for the lunch buffet ( pretty good eats for cheap),

i was taking her to a buddies range for her first time shooting pistols. i go up and get my food and when i sit down i get a psst excuse me sir, i answer and the guys says to me,
    him = did you know your gun is cocked?

me= yup suppose to be like that, dont worry your safe, small chuckle.

him= oh ok i was just letting you know for your safety so you didnt get hurt.. i'm from New York and am not use to seeing that !

me= yeah you guys cant do shit to protect yourselves can you? and then it was an agreement he is screwed and we went about eating..

other than that it was pretty much uneventful except for a couple of older women looking at me with disgust hate in their faces !! LOL i just smiled, waitress was very cool and i got a couple of side looks as people walked bye...

gf said oh wow i forgot you were wearing that .. she is very open to guns and carrying and a damn good shot now that she has learned the proper way to shoot and to relax, since we have only been going out a few weeks i was suprised at how open to it she is being a Democrat and all lol

...And pretty darned easy on the eyes! Sounds to me like the makings of a keeper!
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4XLT;1233501[B
    ]...i was suprised at how open to it she is being a Democrat and all lol[/B]
    Being Democrat doesn't automaticly mean anti-gun, if it did we would have been screwed a long time ago.

One of the things about the NRA that pisses off a lot of people is that they give an 'A' to pro-gun politicians no matter what their party.

(Monroe County)

For your safety , I love that comment. Sounds like you had a good encounter, now onto the girlfriend being so open to firearms and such... Does she have a sister around 22 or so for me and if not, where did you find her so I can come look around for one like yours!

(Dauphin County)

ya i think she is gonna be a keeper, she was so nervous when we started i started her off with the .357 using small .38 loads then to the 1911 .45, then the CZ .40 the 40 has a bit more muzzle flip being the lighter of all the guns and the shortest barrel at 4"

once she got use to the recoil of them all and shot all 3 twice she decided she liked the 1911 best lol

i have a great pic of the smoke coming out of the .357 ill post in general when i get it on the pc..

(Allegheny County)

To be fair, it does depend on the model. Cocked and locked with something like a 1911 is the preferred mode of carry, but you shouldn't do that with a DA/SA Beretta.
    "There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."

Unless a New Yorker is from NYC, like most myths spread, its not as bad as it seems.

In NY, you need a permit to own and buy a pistol, and it takes about 6 months (from what I hear) to get one. But once you do, its also your carry permit as well. So, unless there's some other sort of stipulation, anyone from NY that owns a pistol, is allowed to carry it.

California is often rumored to be a horrid Nazi land..and granted, its laws are more tough than ours, but its not all that bad. I know lots of people in CA that have permits. Your also allowed to carry TASERs in CA too, no permit needed. Things are not that bad. Now, NYC, MD, DC, Jersey. yeah, those places suck.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by eXceLon View Post
    To be fair, it does depend on the model. Cocked and locked with something like a 1911 is the preferred mode of carry, but you shouldn't do that with a DA/SA Beretta.
    i guess i didnt state that i was carrying my Springfield 1911A1 .45