Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Where to buy first gun, near Philly?

Post removed.
    Last edited by charcoaldabs; January 21st, 2013 at 02:27 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Where to buy first gun, near Philly?

Quote Originally Posted by charcoaldabs View Post
    I like to support local businesses, with nice people, and courteous staff. Although I'm open to the whole playing field if it's going to a be a big price determinate.

Anyways, this is your chance to send some business to your favorite shop! What are you suggestions?
    Your search ends here.

South Philadelphia Archery & Gun

http://www.philadelphiaarcheryandgunclub.com/

You may be able to shop around and find a better price, but those folk will take real good care of you.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    Your search ends here.

South Philadelphia Archery & Gun

http://www.philadelphiaarcheryandgunclub.com/

You may be able to shop around and find a better price, but those folk will take real good care of you.
    I 100% second this choice. You can rent guns and see what you like and also take instruction courses to get training on saftey and proper use of gun handling. the staff is awsome and friendly.

(Montgomery County)

I recommend Classic Pistol in Southampton, PA. Classic Pistol is just north of Philadelphia and they have reasonable prices, an excellent selection and friendly and knowledgeable staff. The range facility is quite good as well, which I frequent quite often.

Classic has a whole case full of pistols and revolvers for rent to try out. They also offer training. Go check them out.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    I recommend Classic Pistol in Southampton, PA. Classic Pistol is just north of Philadelphia and they have reasonable prices, an excellent selection and friendly and knowledgeable staff. The range facility is quite good as well, which I frequent quite often.

Classic has a whole case full of pistols and revolvers for rent to try out. They also offer training. Go check them out.
    I echo Steve's comment, but will also add a couple others in the more or less immediate area:

• Tanner's in Jamison (has an excellent staff and 10-15% lower prices than Classic, but is a good 20 minutes into the sticks from where Classic is located)

• Surplus City in Feasterville (very close to Classic, has a great selection of used firearms as well as a fair selection of new ones. Not as nice a store as CP or Tanners, but you can find some crazy deals.
    Almost a LIB .... ertarian

(Bucks County)

Shot guns, Tanners, I love the place.

Hand Guns, Surplus City, Classic Pistol, Tanners.

I do not shop in the city for guns or ammo because the prices are much higher, and I get better service at the other stores.

If you want contacts for each store:

CP- 215-953-7264
    Surplus City - Rob - 215-364-7130
    Tanners - 215-343-3103

(Montgomery County)

Classic Pistol to try, since they have a range. Then Tanner's to buy.

(Philadelphia County)

South Philadelphia Archery and Gun to rent and see what you like, then buy new there and/or check Surplus City in Feasterville for used at great prices. Definitely start at South Philadelphia Archery and Gun and find what you like and can fire, no matter what.

JUSTITIA ET VIRTUS

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rikilii View Post
    I echo Steve's comment, but will also add a couple others in the more or less immediate area:

• Tanner's in Jamison (has an excellent staff and 10-15% lower prices than Classic, but is a good 20 minutes into the sticks from where Classic is located)

• Surplus City in Feasterville (very close to Classic, has a great selection of used firearms as well as a fair selection of new ones. Not as nice a store as CP or Tanners, but you can find some crazy deals.
    and johnsons at state and cedar in croydon. selection is kind of limited, though.

there's also a small one in fox chase area. "mike and kate's" on oxford between 73 and the railroad tracks. been a while since i was in there, but they were real nice people.

(Philadelphia County)

Can't remember the name of it, but there is also a decent shop near, Frankford and Tyson, in the Northeast. I can't remember their prices, but I remember them having a nice selection. Maybe someone else will know the name of the place. They had a good selection of accessories and holsters too

I must be getting old.

JUSTITIA ET VIRTUS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast