Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default CNN Pushes Gun Control in Philadelphia, Blames Concealed Carry for Crime

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: CNN Pushes Gun Control in Philadelphia, Blames Concealed Carry for Crime

This is such a one sided BullS**t CNN ran!!

Passes out LTCF like candy?

Run some data on how many crimes were committed by LTCF holders?

They complain State Legislators outside the city are creating looser Gun Laws? So everyone else who doesn't live in Philly should follow the city's lead in Tougher Gun Control - That takes away our right to self defense & the Thugs still have the Guns?

I cann't understand how people do not see this??????

NRA

American Infidel

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig... You dig.
    Clint Eastwood - The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly.

(Allegheny County)

Angry Re: CNN Pushes Gun Control in Philadelphia, Blames Concealed Carry for Crime

And CNN has been on the RIGHT side of ANY story... when? This is why their market SHARE is measured in tenths of a point, & most of their advertising is for tampons. What's the big idea of letting the wife wrest the TV remote away from you & making you watch CNN? She taking you to the Doilies & Teanapkins Show at the Expo Mart next (since they kicked out the GUN SHOWS)?

Be glad you live on the GOOD side of the state, away from that urban cessmaze of Filthadelphia. If the Quakers could come through time and see that place now, William Penn would give it back to the Indians with INTEREST!

Bob

(Centre County)

Default Re: CNN Pushes Gun Control in Philadelphia, Blames Concealed Carry for Crime

On Thursday's "Anderson Cooper 360," CNN's Randi Kaye filed a story in which she promoted gun control as a solution for Philadelphia's crime problems, as she pushed the argument that the city's high rate of gun violence was the result of Pennsylvania state lawmakers voting to loosen gun laws in the 1990s. And, as if criminals would bother to apply for a permit to legally carry a concealed weapon, Kaye further suggested that the availability of concealed carry permits has contributed to the city's problems....

DAVID KAIRYS, Temple University: "It's like the Wild West."
    --newsbusters.org
    If I was a Philadelphia resident, I could walk into any gun shop in the city and buy 50, 100, even 1,000 guns, just like that. All they would do is run an instant background check, and assuming my record was clean, I'd walk out with all that firepower....Back in 1994, the state legislature overturned an assault weapons ban, making AK-47s as easy to get as hunting rifles. . --Randy Kaye,CNN
    I bet this would attract some attention from the authorities.

I wish I could see the original report. Bias cuts both ways.

But i doubt CNN's evenhandedness. I fail to see the logical connection between lawfully armed citizens exercising their rights and criminals breaking the law to get guns and commit other crimes with them. If the streets are that dangerous, it sounds like all the more reason to be lawfully armed. I don't see how making the law any harder to comply with would make it any easier stop crime.

And what do AK's have to do with it? Isn't the "Wild West" an invention of romantic novelists, yellow journalism and the movies, not anything like reality?

State Senator Vincent Fumo is a gun owner, and he supports the current laws. "People want to think that this is the wild west, and we don't have any laws. What we don't have is enforcement of those laws," he told CNN.
    Last edited by novice; October 7th, 2007 at 06:45 PM. Reason: more remarks

(Cambria County)

I posted a comment containing the most relevant portions of my argument in this post:
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/question-...tml#post113905

We'll see if they post it...

(Berks County)

I should have figured they were at Temple. I work on the tower crane that is there and that place is a dump and worse. Going there is the reason I applied for my permit. The place is infested with drugs and gang crime. What they fail to say is that these crimes are not done by law abiding gun owners but by gang punks, that are buying their guns from the local crack head. I do not know what parent in their right mind would send their childern to that place they are asking for their childern to be brought home in a body bag. On the other hand did anyone think CNN (clinton news network) would say anything else, They have been controlled by the Leftys since they started.
    I remember the first time I was there and there was a murder the night before I was there.
    Last edited by bert304; October 7th, 2007 at 06:05 PM.
    The truth shall set you free.

They can have my guns when they pry them from my cold dead hands

I can not wait until NJ sinks in the ocean and PA has ocean front property

(Erie County)

I watche this friday morning. They rerun Lou Dobbs at 4am and 360 at 5am. I only caught the first half hour since I had to leave.

It is typical CNN. It didnt' really make much sense. I only caught the first half though, and from the reading, it looks like I missed most of it. What I missed wasn't anything too crazy, just a small blurb. Guess they went all out in the second half hour.

(Philadelphia County)

Getting a gun is as easy as ordering a pizza, huh? Guess i'll just phone my next order in and have them deliver.

(Chester County)

And lets not forget those evil AK47 are as easy to get as a hunting rifle!

(Berks County)

This may seem a bit of a silly question to you guys but why are you surprised that CNN has taken the far-left side in the gun control debate? This is nothing new, CNN has become one of the biggest advertising agencies for the far left. I could deal with it if they did not constantly editorialize on various subjects and call it news, but this is just one more case of the same old, same old with them.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast