Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default ALERT-PA residents w/ Out of state LTCF permit HB 2536 Aug,10, 2010 hearing

HB 2536 is scheduled for a vote in House Judiciary committee on (June 8, 2010 - void - June 15, 2010 - void - June 23, 2010 - void ) now a hearing is scheduled on August 10, 2010 10:00 AM (no vote)

here is text of bill - the underline part is the change to the exemption
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...type=B&bn=2536

IF you got one of these non residents out of state LTCF permits or would ever just like to have the freedom option in the future of ever getting one for more states reciprocity agreements they offer over a just a normal PA LTCF permits

You better SPEAK up and take direct action NOW by contacting all the Reps on this Judiciary committee Politely expressing your views in opposition before they attempt to close this freedom option with legislation change they vote on June 23, IF it doesn't get delayed again.

This legal change will not allow resident of PA just to have an out of state LTCF permits that are valid in PA without also having to incur the added cost a PA issued LTCF as well.

Now under current law - one non resident out of state permit does both tasks if this passes you need to have two permits.

IF you don’t like this proposed change in the law you better take direction action NOW, just complaining about this after this passed when you could of stopped this will fall on deaf ears. Its much easier to defeat HB 2536 here, rather than in a full house vote.

Read this thread in the PAFOA Law & Politics forums for more information on taking direct action

House Bill 2536 Offered
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ml#post1230460

Also if You have any real stories of you getting your PA LTCF revoked over politics or having to get a out of state LTCF permit because of the extra hoops the county sheriff required above the law requirements.

Please email your story and related circumstances to this email address

Whitefeather1003@yahoo.com

Include your real name, dates, circumstances WHY you got denied and a phone number so we can follow up to contact you directly before vote.

If you also got a reason another valid reason - living in PA and working in an adjoining state (like OHIO) that doesn't honor PA permit that one of these out of state LTCF permit are honored - please send your story.

We can use all of these stories to give to pro gun Reps on this committee to provide valid reasons for not changing the current law to defeat this bill.

We don’t have a lot of time to get an organize opposition and use your real life stories to help to defeat this measure as this is getting voted on Wed June 23, 2010.

So get busy writting your emails in opposition to everyone on this committee
    Last edited by WhiteFeather; July 29th, 2010 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Rescheduled again

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: ALERT-PA residents w/ Out of state LTCF permit HB 2536 June 8,10 vote changes opt

Where is that list of all the Judiciary Committee members E-mails?

Just sent you this E-mail. The last paragraph is what I will also incorporate in my letter to the Judiciary.

_______

I had to obtain a Utah Carry Permit to allow me to carry when on business/personal trips in Ohio. I work for a company that offers training in Ohio and am sent there alone quite often.

Without the out-of-state option that some states offer I would not be able to protect myself in Ohio when on trips.

The Attorney General has been given the ability to enter into reciprocity agreements with other states and I really appreciate the ability to carry in other states based just on my PA LTCF. Do not now reverse all that we have gained in reciprocity for the residents of PA. If the PA legislature undermines the Atty General's Office and makes out-of-state carry licenses invalid I fear we will lose all reciprocity with states which have agreed to reciprocity with PA. This would be a great disservice to PA residents.

Ryan
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: ALERT-PA residents w/ Out of state LTCF permit HB 2536 June 8,10 vote changes opt

This post http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ml#post1214112

Has the E-mail lists for the Judiciary Committee E-mails in either comma or semi-colon seperated format for easy copy-and-paste to your E-mail editor.

Thanks Tommy610 ! here is the copied post right here to save you from having to click to it:

Easy Way to Email the Judiciary Committee

The semi-colon list:

tcaltagi@pahouse.net; dkula@pahouse.net; kmanderi@pahouse.net; jpallone@pahouse.net; petrarca@pahouse.net; jbrennan@pahouse.net;jcasorio@pahouse.net; Dcosta@pahouse.net; pdrucker@pahouse.net; blentz@pahouse.net; jshapiro@pahouse.net; greg@gregvitali.com; repwagner@pahouse.net; rwaters@pahouse.net; jwhite@pahouse.net; rmarsico@pahousegop.com; trock@pahousegop.com; wgabig@pahousegop.com; rstevens@pahousegop.com; mvereb@pahousegop.com; tcreight@pahousegop.com; ggrell@pahousegop.com; kharper@pahousegop.com; tkrieger@pahousegop.com; boneill@pahousegop.com; ktrue@pahousegop.com

The comma list:

tcaltagi@pahouse.net, dkula@pahouse.net, kmanderi@pahouse.net, jpallone@pahouse.net, petrarca@pahouse.net, jbrennan@pahouse.net,jcasorio@pahouse.net, Dcosta@pahouse.net, pdrucker@pahouse.net, blentz@pahouse.net, jshapiro@pahouse.net, greg@gregvitali.com, repwagner@pahouse.net, rwaters@pahouse.net, jwhite@pahouse.net, rmarsico@pahousegop.com, trock@pahousegop.com, wgabig@pahousegop.com, rstevens@pahousegop.com, mvereb@pahousegop.com, tcreight@pahousegop.com, ggrell@pahousegop.com, kharper@pahousegop.com, tkrieger@pahousegop.com, boneill@pahousegop.com, ktrue@pahousegop.com
    Last edited by falcn; June 4th, 2010 at 01:16 PM.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Bucks County)

Wow not this is funny. So this bill just comes out then, all of a sudden it can be brought up for vote.

Hahah and some thought things like this will not happen in PA.

I find it amazing it took years for HB40 and a month for this bill to hit the floor.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by falcn View Post
    Where is that list of all the Judiciary Committee members E-mails?

Just sent you this E-mail. The last paragraph is what I will also incorporate in my letter to the Judiciary.

_______

I had to obtain a Utah Carry Permit to allow me to carry when on business/personal trips in Ohio. I work for a company that offers training in Ohio and am sent there alone quite often.

Without the out-of-state option that some states offer I would not be able to protect myself in Ohio when on trips.

The Attorney General has been given the ability to enter into reciprocity agreements with other states and I really appreciate the ability to carry in other states based just on my PA LTCF. Do not now reverse all that we have gained in reciprocity for the residents of PA. If the PA legislature undermines the Atty General's Office and makes out-of-state carry licenses invalid I fear we will lose all reciprocity with states which have agreed to reciprocity with PA. This would be a great disservice to PA residents.

Ryan
    Got up all the Reps contact INFO in law & politics section Now POST #45, with which way they will probably vote (cross fingers), I only have so much time during lunch to work on this stuff and hopefully don't make any technical mistakes in post.

Craft your letters according to their positions.... use the very VALID reason for acquiring a out of state non resident LTCF permit mentioned above.

targeted crafted emails are always better than spray and pray ones.

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ed-page-5.html

(Berks County)

All,

I know this issue hasn't received a lot of attention because of the "buzz" surrounding HB40, as well as the simple fact that the Judiciary Committee slipped this one into the voting schedule on relatively short notice, but we need to make sure our voices are heard, and heard NOW.

This vote is tomorrow. I ask everyone to take some time today or tonight, and make sure to contact the Judiciary Committee members asking them to vote NO on this bill. Once again we have a small group of people trying to restrict our rights in the name of "closing loopholes" and "making us safe", and it has to be stopped.

I hate to keep sounding like a cheerleader in these threads, but we really do need to stop bills like this dead in their tracks. Flood their inboxes again!

Below is the letter I used to contact the Judiciary Committee members; feel free to use it as-is, or as the basis for your own letter.

Representative <XXXXX>:

Once again, as was the case a week or so back, I am writing to you to ask for your vote, only this time it is against proposed legislation, instead of in support of it.

Your committee is scheduled to consider HB2536 tomorrow, a bill which would prevent Pennsylvania residents from carrying a weapon using a valid, legally issued, and PA recognized out-of-state permit. I strongly urge you to vote NO on this bill. This bill would essentially nullify, for all PA residents, all of the reciprocity agreements that the PA Attorney General's Office has established over the years with other states, in support of the existing "full faith and credit" clause of the US Constitution as it pertains to a License to Carry
    Firearms.

In addition, the Philadelphia Police Dept, as well as a number of over-zealous Sheriffs Offices (the issuing authority for LTCFs), have taken to the practice of revoking or denying issuance of an LTCF for reasons which were subsequently found to be not applicable under the law, such as being the victim of a theft. It's bad enough that such individuals must spend their time and money to appeal a blatantly wrong denial in the first place, but to also prevent those individuals from exercising a constitutional right during that time is addinginsult to injury.

As as is the case with many gun control bills such as this, the bill is less about reducing crime, and more about placing further restrictions on law-abiding citizens attempting to exercise constitutional rights which are not supposed to be restricted in the first place.

Lastly, I once again find it interesting that HB40, a bill with dozens of House co-sponsors, took years to get a Judiciary committee vote, but in the last month we've seen four gun control bills come up for a vote, HB2536 being one of them. I ask again that you stop playing politics in an attempt to get a mostly unwanted and wholly anti civil rights bill on the floor, simply because those in power believe they need to offset HB40 with it, or attempt to "horse trade" HB40 into nonexistence. Uphold your oaths to the PA Constitution, and do the people's work.

Vote NO on HB2536 and end this charade without further delay.

Regards,
    <XXXXX>
    A Berks County Resident
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Clinton County)

yikes... I am on it. Is anyone going down to the capitol tomorrow?

(Butler County)

Emails sent. Just curious. Don't most states issuing non resident license/permits require you to be licensed in your home state?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DonM55 View Post
    Emails sent. Just curious. Don't most states issuing non resident license/permits require you to be licensed in your home state?
    Some, but not all.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Washington County)

Email sent out, thanks for the heads up.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast