Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I bought a Ithaca knock off made in China.

I bought a Ithaca knock off made in China. For under $100 it is really smooth and double loading latch and seems reliable, rifle sights about 18" in length. The only thing that I've done is taped the loading port it was sort of sharp around the edges. Other then that this is a smooth shooting and operating shotgun.

What have you heard about this type shotgun? Is it reliable and durable. How close did they copy he Ithaca besides it ejecting from the spent shells from the bottom.

(Berks County)

Default Re: I bought a Ithaca knock off made in China.

Neko,

Where'd you get it? Post a picture.

Ray

The Chinese Ithaca is in between the maverick and the Ruger Mini 14 to the right of the screen. it is a smooth pump with nice rifle sights. It was very reasonable price and performs well with all the 12 gauge ammo.

Just have not heard much about it. But it was a gamble that paid off.

Sorry I don't have a picture of it by itself at different angles.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Berks County)

Thanks Neko. Looks like a nice bit of kit. Was there a manufacturer's name I could Google?

Ray

(Bucks County)

Thumbs down Re: I bought a Ithaca knock off made in China.

the whole point in buying an ithaca is the browning designed butter smooth bottom ejection action.

i dont understand how its a replica, when its a whole different action? i never understood buying the chinese stuff anyway, its pure garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by den9 View Post
    the whole point in buying an ithaca is the browning designed butter smooth bottom ejection action.

i dont understand how its a replica, when its a whole different action? i never understood buying the chinese stuff anyway, its pure garbage.
    Looks like someone has never owned one.

My wife bought me one for an xmas gift some years ago and umm yeah. I had (no need to keep it since it performed WORSE) a Benelli slug gun until I got this chicom knock off M37. It cost one tenth the price, yet it throws slugs BETTER! The reciever to barrel fit has ZERO play to it. The steel is hard and of great quality. The only thing I notice different is the gun seems to weigh more than an original. It is just as smooth, just as accurate and cost soooo much less. Who cares if the chinese improved the original action and put two slide bars on it. That only makes it more smooth and less likely to bind.

The gun is solid, very tough (more so than the original) more accurate than a Benelli slug gun (atleast mine is). It weighs a little more and is just as smooth. Mine has put pheasants, rabbits, grouse, deer and all kinds of game on the table. The game has no clue the gun was made in china, I however believe if they were told prior to being shot they would snobbishly refuse to be hit or even die after being shot with one, I am certain of it......

Quote Originally Posted by XD GLOCKER View Post
    Looks like someone has never owned one.

My wife bought me one for an xmas gift some years ago and umm yeah. I had (no need to keep it since it performed WORSE) a Benelli slug gun until I got this chicom knock off M37. It cost one tenth the price, yet it throws slugs BETTER! The reciever to barrel fit has ZERO play to it. The steel is hard and of great quality. The only thing I notice different is the gun seems to weigh more than an original. It is just as smooth, just as accurate and cost soooo much less. Who cares if the chinese improved the original action and put two slide bars on it. That only makes it more smooth and less likely to bind.

The gun is solid, very tough (more so than the original) more accurate than a Benelli slug gun (atleast mine is). It weighs a little more and is just as smooth. Mine has put pheasants, rabbits, grouse, deer and all kinds of game on the table. The game has no clue the gun was made in china, I however believe if they were told prior to being shot they would snobbishly refuse to be hit or even die after being shot with one, I am certain of it......

Neko456 - That is about the same thing that I found the Shotgun is smooth as silk and fast the bottom ejection is better then seeing the hull slide out in front of your face. Like most shotgun its hard to miss with it, the rifle sights make slug throwing pretty accurate. Except for the pretty wood this Chinese clone is a fast, accurate and for now durable shotgun. It was a gamble that paid off. I like it and that's what counts.

I have to believe once hit by the Ithaca clone those table varmints were dinner with gray over em.

(Schuylkill County)

mostly everything i have seen from china is junk nothing has withstood the test of time (that being 5 minutes at the range)

what is the company/model??

i have realized a long time ago you get what you pay for.. i got rid of all my junk guns b/c they were just that... even if they perform flawlessly when they do break parts are usually not available then your gun is a paperweight or some wall art at best..

Remember you get what you pay for, buy once cry once,.... some ppl just have a hard time with that

but a low cost, quality item (i know oxymoron) would be welcome

There are Chinese products that stand out like my 15yr owned SKS still kicking n shooting like new. I think this Shotgun is one of these type weapons as a matter of fact I bought it from a military store that recommended it as he said they are selling like hotcakes. This is the same place that I bought the SAM 1911 that kitted out for under $400 both shoot straight and often that is all you can ask from a gun.

I'll get the brand and ser # and post it. But for my money I'd buy another one if they had not sold out.

It will never be Ithaca value wise but operation and accuracy this is a very good shotgun. I can't say for the money, for the money its a steal.
    Last edited by Neko456; June 18th, 2010 at 02:59 PM.

(Berks County)

I'd take my Hawk 982 over a Remy 870 any day ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast