Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default What gun for tucked in shirt? 1911 best for me? Tucker answer?

I carry a full size 1911 or Glock 21 on the belt or inside the pants when not wearing a tucked in shirt. I then carry Glock 27 on my ankle with no reload. It has the 11 round finger extension. Finally I carry a .380 in my pocket with no reload when I go into an area where knives and tasers are not allowed. Now, the problem is I only have the 380 in my pocket and Glock 27 on my ankle when I wear a tucked in shirt. I want something that I can carry with a tucked in polo, dress shirt and tie, or t shirt tucked in.

How much larger are the pants that you buy to be able to tuck in a shirt? I am a 36 size pants and a Large Long size shirt. I want something that HAS SUPER SECURE ATTACHMENTS. This is important b.c I notice some holsters of various designs come loose and might come out with your gun. The holster needs to be totally secure with a fully covered latch to the belt.

Now, not sure which gun conceals best. I am guessing the thinness of a 1911 cant be beat. Are there any .45 full size or compact guns slimmer than a 1911? Will a commander or officer model conceal much easier than a full size 1911? I was also thinking a Glock 30 but it seems like the thinness of slide and smallness of grip are alot more important than the length of the barrel. Am I wrong or right? I have never owned any 1911's other than full size. Would like to stick with a full size but if a commander, officer, or other gun company conceals better than I want to look into it.

After some research it seems like the Tucker Answer is the answer. MONEY IS NOT A CONSIDERATION. Is the tucker answer the best tuckable holster?

Default Re: What gun for tucked in shirt? 1911 best for me? Tucker answer?

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaState View Post
    I carry a full size 1911 or Glock 21 on the belt or inside the pants when not wearing a tucked in shirt. I then carry Glock 27 on my ankle with no reload. It has the 11 round finger extension. Finally I carry a .380 in my pocket with no reload when I go into an area where knives and tasers are not allowed. Now, the problem is I only have the 380 in my pocket and Glock 27 on my ankle when I wear a tucked in shirt. I want something that I can carry with a tucked in polo, dress shirt and tie, or t shirt tucked in.

How much larger are the pants that you buy to be able to tuck in a shirt? I am a 36 size pants and a Large Long size shirt. I want something that HAS SUPER SECURE ATTACHMENTS. This is important b.c I notice some holsters of various designs come loose and might come out with your gun. The holster needs to be totally secure with a fully covered latch to the belt.

Now, not sure which gun conceals best. I am guessing the thinness of a 1911 cant be beat. Are there any .45 full size or compact guns slimmer than a 1911? Will a commander or officer model conceal much easier than a full size 1911? I was also thinking a Glock 30 but it seems like the thinness of slide and smallness of grip are alot more important than the length of the barrel. Am I wrong or right? I have never owned any 1911's other than full size. Would like to stick with a full size but if a commander, officer, or other gun company conceals better than I want to look into it.

After some research it seems like the Tucker Answer is the answer. MONEY IS NOT A CONSIDERATION. Is the tucker answer the best tuckable holster?
    I use a Highnoon from their 'tuckable' line and like it more than the supertuck thing I had. I have the tailgator and it works well for me, but I tried about 4 others before I decided on it. Most days I don't need to tuck in and just use a OWB with a shirt over it which works well for me.

I have a Sig C3, which is a commander size slide with a officer grip and it hides real nice when I need it to. You might even look into a Detonics Combat Master, nice guns and one of the best and most reliable of the small 1911 style guns. But they're heavier than the Sig but reliable and pretty easy to find on Gunbroker. Wish I still had mine
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

I'm not sure what the measurements are but I believe a Sig P220 is a little thinner than a 1911. I believe its 1.5" or possibly 1.6" wide
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Schuylkill County)

I carry a XDsc in a Kholser. I am very happy with it, hides easy with a polo or t shirt (TUCKED IN). Kholster holds my gun firmly and your belt also adds clamping force. I wear my pants loose and didnt have to get new ones to carry.I was suprised how comfortable this system is you can carry all day and forget you have it on.

(Cumberland County)

Your search should be for the proper holster, not gun. Crossbreeds Supertuck has a big following, as does the MTAC Minotaur line. You could also look at Kholster, they're cost effective.

Some one mentioned a Deutonics Combat Master above. +1000 on that. Sexy little beast. If I could find one I'd sell most of my possesions to take it home with me.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here