Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default FN Herstal FNP .45, Bitone, night sights. Has anybody shot one or got one?

This may very well be my next acquisition, so I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with them. I did a pafoa keyword search and didn't turn up much on them, so I figured I'd ask. What I am hearing from my gun dealer is that it has the build quality and functionality of an H&K for the price of a Glock. Can anybody confirm that?

http://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com/...h-p-21616.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Schuylkill County)

Thumbs up Re: FN Herstal FNP .45, Bitone, night sights. Has anybody shot one or got one?

I would say that is an accurate assumption of an FN. Not alot of people are aware of the name because they don't get as much exposure as Glock, S&W, etc. People that have them, love them. Built well, very reliable. They don't make a wide variety of products or even offer a wide variety of options for the products that they do have, which to me means that they make something and make it well.

I do not have the 45 but I have the FNP-40 and it has never stovepiped or failed to feed any type of ammo I have fed it, including some hard-primer stuff that Glocks wouldn't fire.
    /frantically looking for wood to knock on

2 big thumbs up here!!!

Default Re: FN Herstal FNP .45, Bitone, night sights. Has anybody shot one or got one?

I just handled an all black FNP 45 today at my local shop. Felt good in my hand, trigger was pretty good, and 14rd .45 mags made it very tempting to bring it home but I was already buying a different gun. The FNP .45 is definitely on my shortlist.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: FN Herstal FNP .45, Bitone, night sights. Has anybody shot one or got one?

I have a FN 45 bitone with regular sites. Awesome gun! Shoots great. Very accurate. If you want a holster check out blade-tech. Any specific questions check out the FN forum...very helpful.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson

I got to hold an all black one at Insite Firearms this past weekend. I loved the way it felt. Nice sights. Three mags (two 14rnders and one 15). For a big gun, it doesn't feel big. If I wasn't on the great Kel Tec RFB hunt right now I would have bought it. It jumped straight to the top of my handgun wishlist.