Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Erie County)

Default Gem City Outdoorsman Club

Gem City Outdoorsmen Club in Erie county. Today I signed up for a family membership. Then my 7 year old son and I hit the range for his first time shooting a .22. He had a great time and hasn't stopped thanking me and telling his Mom about it yet I had been a member years ago before I moved out of state, and after coming back had been meaning to renew my membership.

I dialed in the new scope I had added to my Ruger 10/22 and then after going over the Rules one more time (I've been drilling him on firearm safety since about the time he could talk) and the basic function of the rifle I set out a fresh target and let him try it. He ended up putting about 50 rounds through it altogether and had a big grin on his face the whole time. He did quite well considering the Ruger is still a tad large for him, even got a bullseye on each of the targets with most groups of 10 in about a 4" group.

I intend to take him out there regularly and then next summer we'll see if he has grown up enough for it to fit him better or it a smaller rifle is needed. Next year I'll take him out for squirrel under the mentored youth program and deer as soon as he can handle the recoil of a .243.

The Gem City Club offers indoor and outdoor archery ranges including a 3D course in the woods. Trap houses and range with a few benches each at 15, 25, 50 and 100 yards. The is also hunting for members on the Club property of about 235 acres.

I really proud of the way my son acted on the range today. He listened to instructions the first time. There was no horsing around or acting up. For a minute I thought I'd taken the wrong boy with me

I'm looking foward to the new year. My wife has been wanting to get out and target shoot again. She wants to try her hand at trap and archery as well.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Gem City Outdoorsman Club

I'm going there Thursday to sign up for a membership. Possibly Jay5oh might come out too. I need somewhere safe to shoot, SGL is getting outta control.
    Last edited by KeithPA; October 7th, 2007 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaII5 View Post
    I'm going there Thursday to sign up for a membership. Possibly Jay5oh might come out too. I need someone safe to shoot, SGL is getting outta control.
    Man I am staying away from that one!!!

I understood what you meant, but it just sounded bad
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaII5 View Post
    I'm going there Thursday to sign up for a membership. Possibly Jay5oh might come out too. I need somewhere safe to shoot, SGL is getting outta control.
    Let me know what time I'm thinking if it isn't raining I'm going to put a few more rounds through the muzzleloader to be sure I'm set for Saturday.

(Erie County)

Check your PM box