Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Simunition For Civilians?

Quote Originally Posted by Policraticus View Post
    Piss poor technique in the first video. Everyone through the door had the "So this is what the girls bathroom looks like!" look of wonderment. I'd suggest real training over this gee-whiz stuff.

Join the armed forces if you want to clear buildings. Enroll in a training schoolif you want to hone your survival skills. That is what you are doing as a civilian when you are in armed conflicts on the street, fighting to survive.

Some of you oldtimers can back me up on this but back 15 years ago what were you supposed to do when you come home and see your door kicked in? You were to leave the area and call the cops. Now after watching a bazillion action flicks people want to pull their gun and go looking for trouble...

I ain't trained for it and I don't get paid for it so I ain't gonna do it.
    I am with you Chris. All my shit is insured. Sure, it would be a damn shame but so would losing my ass. We only get one meat machine... wear it with love.

That first video was a bunch of wanking and groaning. According to the MOUT (Military Operations on Urbanized Terrain) doctrine from the 1990's it was shoot through the walls, toss grenades then go in the room. Not this, "CLEAR" bullshit. If I were a soldier I would be more likely to ask a nice Bradley fighting vehicle to "soften up" the building for me...
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    If I were a soldier I would be more likely to ask a nice Bradley fighting vehicle to "soften up" the building for me...
    Worked well enough in Fallujah. Brave Marines lost 67:2000+ enemy combatants.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Policraticus View Post
    Some of you oldtimers can back me up on this but back 15 years ago what were you supposed to do when you come home and see your door kicked in? You were to leave the area and call the cops.
    that's what every trainer i know still teaches.

sims and airsoft are still good training tools when properly used, though.
    Last edited by LittleRedToyota; June 5th, 2010 at 12:47 AM.
    F*S=k

Don't get me wrong when I go to a live fire range I am all business. However with this gear in the hands of my friends and I Andrew's snowball fight scenario is an absolute certainty. To the casual shooters it would do more harm than good with out rock solid training and guidelines.

Basic things like overpenetration and proper use of cover will conflict with the limitations of the simunition rounds. I'm looking for the article now I read awhile back. The gist was examination of a test group showed that participants modified their techniques to "win" the game but sacrificed real world safety.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    I am with you Chris. All my shit is insured. Sure, it would be a damn shame but so would losing my ass. We only get one meat machine... wear it with love.

That first video was a bunch of wanking and groaning. According to the MOUT (Military Operations on Urbanized Terrain) doctrine from the 1990's it was shoot through the walls, toss grenades then go in the room. Not this, "CLEAR" bullshit. If I were a soldier I would be more likely to ask a nice Bradley fighting vehicle to "soften up" the building for me...
    These guys are Air Force. They don't have Bradleys, and they're not used to seeing daylight from 6 foot elevation. They either fly or live in a very dark hole underground.

Simunition Training for Civilians is now available!! To find your closest Certified Simunition Range Program, click on/copy and paste this link:

http://simunition.com/en/range_program

Amazing training! You don't need to worry about the equipment or the conversion kits for your firearms (Simunition has over 75 Conversion Kits), it is all provided by the Range Program.

Brief Description from one of Simunitions Certified Range Programs:
    "Home Safety Academy", in North Palm Beach, Florida

"What is Simunition® training?
    Simunition® is the pioneer and world leader in providing military, law enforcement and approved range members with the most realistic and non-lethal force-on-force, short range, simulation training system. Now available to Civilians, the past 15 years, military and police officers around the world have placed their trust in Simunition® to deliver realistic training. Professionals whose lives depend on the best training possible know that they can always count on Simunition® to provide them with the most effective close range, reality-based training system.

Simunition® is expanding its U.S. Range Program to include the training of civilians. Certified Firearms Instructors in the U.S.A. can now join the Simunition® Reality-Based Instructor Community and, once Certified by Simunition®, Instructors can train citizens with ‘The World Class and Proven Simunition® Training System‘. Certified Instructors can now conduct the most realistic force-on-force reality based training exercises in their classes. With the Simunition® Training System, classroom instruction has never been as realistic as now!"

(Cumberland County)

I CAN understand why they don't want to sell to the civilian market. They don't want the lawsuit should someone think their gun is loaded with sim ammo and send someone to the hospital (or worse). It's not too far of a stretch - how many hunters shoot/kill someone while cleaning their guns???? Need I say more.

I've trained with it. Steve Silverman did a pistol course with force-on-force at West Shore Sportsmen at the end of July.

The sim gun that we used was a Glock something or other (9mm). The only modification required was a new barrel and recoil spring. 9mm is 0.356" dia. The simunition bullet is 0.34", so there is no way that you can chamber a live 9mm round in the gun. Also, it was a very structured session. The range was totally sterile - nothing that could be used as a weapon was allowed inside. Willie Boswell was the man at the door. No one went in until Willie gave you a TSA style pat down (he would give those guys a run for their money too). If you had anything more than your clothing, you didn't get through the door.

As for the value of this style of training - WOW!!! If you ever have a chance, DO IT!!!! It is well worth the price of admission.

Oh, and this stuff is no paintball. 600fps gets your attention.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12