Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Hospital uses armed man for drill

I have a question here.

Where I come from, a "drill" is an exercise in which one simulates a certain situation, often emergencies, in order to train all participants in the proper actions and/or behavior. Everyone has a role and is part of the overall team.

So what was it exactly they wanted those nurses and other staff members to train in this case? What was their role? To quietly get into a room and there patiently expect selective execution, torture or rape at the terrorists leisure? Or did they all fail because nobody got behind the cop with a scalpel while three other nurses start to strip in order to distract him?

What was the goal of this drill?

Jan
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by nycems22 View Post
    To me, the Epic Fail is, that No One stood up and did anything! A single "shooter" was able to "corral" an ICU staff using a handgun, and met no resistance. I don't think he is "lucky" he's not dead, I think that would be the typical scenario with the large majority of people in the country who are taught to "just do what he says and no one gets hurt". Present Pafoa company excluded of course.
    Yep....I would tend to agree but I still say this dumbass is lucky. A situation like that could have gotten real ugly real fast. At arms distance a gun can be countered with hands,a knife or a stick....even if no one else there was carrying. It would taken just one trained non sheep.

The idiot that authorized this "drill" needs to at least be fired. The moron that went in there playing terrorist should also be fired & maybe charged with something. A very dangerous situation was needlessly created.

What if this bullshit caused someone to die or their condition to be made worse?? This is a real hospital ER. What the f#$k were these assholes thinking?? There will be lawsuits over this stupid shit.

Please....someone post updates to this.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro3604 View Post
    Perhaps a lawyor could confirm this, but wouldn't one of the staff members have a case for, "intentional infliction of emotional distress?"
    If I was there as an employee or patient....I would be meeting with one or more lawyers. I'm guessing there are medical ethics issues here also.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123