Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (York County)

Default A meal and some range time.

Ok....anyone interested in a meal and some range time any day soon? My schedule is AWFUL......but I am hoping to have time for breakfast/lunch and some shooting.

Anyone have some ideas on where and when? Lets get this together.

(York County)

Default Re: A meal and some range time.

Long over due John. Are we thinking weekend or weekday?
    If I am not committed else where I will be there.
    RIP -The US constitution.

(York County)

I may be interested depending on the date/time. My schedule rotates around through the week and weekends, and most weekends I'm not working are already taken up with family committments. So whatever day/time you all choose, I'll see if I can make it. Even though I'm not a largely active member, I do lurk often and it will be nice to put some faces and names to the SN's.

I'm not a member of any ranges/clubs yet - still shopping around....don't know if that matters or not, and still a relative newbie to carrying (haven't yet, TBH).

As for the eats - how about the South York Diner? Decent food at a fair price, and what seems to me to be relatively centrally located in the county and easily accessible off of I-83 & Queen St. I have no idea how they are on OC though....

well if you guys dont mind a new guy ill join

(York County)

Of course!! My schedule is bad too. You guys figure it out and I will hope it works for me.

(York County)

I'd certainly be interested in meeting some like-minded individuals. The wife and I are transplants into the area, wouldn't mind meeting some people outside of my neighborhood.

so what range does everyone hit around here?

(York County)

...See...this is what happens when I don't fill my schedule with things that I want to do. The wife has filled my weekends (and much of my week days/nights) with things that 'HAVE to get done'. My 'honey-do' list looks as think as the phone book. Add that to the impending work to be done at our beach house and range time for me is going to be very limited until well into summertime.

Some suggestions for those who have asked: The York Rifleman (Range Rd in Hellam Twp) has nice rifle range and good facilities for a get together. Someone just needs to be a member to bring people in.
    Starview Sportsmen in Mt. Wolf has good facilites as well as an 'open to the public' Sporting Clays shoot every Sunday at 9am till 2pm. If using the rifle or pistol range....need to have a member bring people in.

Those are the 2 ranges in the immediate area that I use and know of that would accommodate a get together. Some others may have suggestions.

I am feeling bad since this was my original idea. If someone would have a little chat with my wife............hmmmmmmm.

starview worked decent at the last one i wa at. plus now chris and i are also members at starview so it wont look so bad with 1 member and 9 guests. a weekend would work for me

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnUSCG View Post
    ...See...this is what happens when I don't fill my schedule with things that I want to do. The wife has filled my weekends (and much of my week days/nights) with things that 'HAVE to get done'. My 'honey-do' list looks as think as the phone book. Add that to the impending work to be done at our beach house and range time for me is going to be very limited until well into summertime.

Some suggestions for those who have asked: The York Rifleman (Range Rd in Hellam Twp) has nice rifle range and good facilities for a get together. Someone just needs to be a member to bring people in.
    Starview Sportsmen in Mt. Wolf has good facilites as well as an 'open to the public' Sporting Clays shoot every Sunday at 9am till 2pm. If using the rifle or pistol range....need to have a member bring people in.

Those are the 2 ranges in the immediate area that I use and know of that would accommodate a get together. Some others may have suggestions.

I am feeling bad since this was my original idea. If someone would have a little chat with my wife............hmmmmmmm.
    John, I will have a chat with her if you wish. Mine is already mad at me so what one more.
    RIP -The US constitution.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast