Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Stony Creek Outfitters indoor range now open

http://www.stonycreekoutfitters.com/

I stopped by this afternoon and the range was open for business and they had ammunition for sale.

They expect to get their FFL shortly. Firearm transfers will be $25.00.

Range membership details:

http://forum.pafoa.org/attachment.ph...2&d=1268836906

Last edited by xotech; June 4th, 2010 at 12:12 AM. Reason: New link for store info image

(Berks County)

Default Re: Stony Creek Outfitters indoor range now open

Thanks for stopping in Guy... You were one of our first "official" customers.

Feel free to stop in and hang out anytime... you are always pleasant to speak with and full of good info.

Also...
    Rob Horst should be there pretty regularly starting this Monday.

(Berks County)

Range membership details:

http://forum.pafoa.org/attachment.ph...2&d=1268836906

Is a LTCF acceptable as one of the ID requirements? I don't have a concealed carry permit.

J/K, couldn't help myself.
    We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police.

(Berks County)

Thumbs up Re: Stony Creek Outfitters indoor range now open

I stopped in this morning around 10:45 and joined the indoor range. Very easy procedure (driver's license plus LTCF). $35 for a year membership that includes your application fee and first hour fee. $10 per hour thereafter. I would describe the place as a work in progress. Some ammo, scopes, Crimson Trace for sale. I picked up a box of .357 mag. His ammo prices are not bad. He is awaiting his FFl. He gutted the place so you have a large space to approach the counter versus how crowded the previous place was.

I found Art and the other guys there very pleasant to deal with. I shot for an hour by myself. No ventilation issues on the range but they need air conditioning there as it was a sauna. My shooting glasses kept fogging up. The range was relatively clean with new paint. They need to mark off distances however.

I believe Art has some sound plans for the place; once he has the FFL and begins stocking shelves he should have a great location and steady flow of traffic. No range charge for current Leo's and active military personnel by the way. He will eventually provide rental guns and "test drives" for members.

I found the range time quite helpful as I cycled through three semiautos: a Walther PK380, a Ruger P95 DC 9 mm and an XD subcompact .40 cal. All three pistols worked flawlessly using Remington ammo for the .380and Federal for the other two. I'm trying to get extra range time in as I'm in the middle of an NRA training I attend on Monday nights.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by greenlama View Post
    I stopped in this morning around 10:45 and joined the indoor range. Very easy procedure (driver's license plus LTCF). $35 for a year membership that includes your application fee and first hour fee. $10 per hour thereafter. I would describe the place as a work in progress. Some ammo, scopes, Crimson Trace for sale. I picked up a box of .357 mag. His ammo prices are not bad. He is awaiting his FFl. He gutted the place so you have a large space to approach the counter versus how crowded the previous place was.

I found Art and the other guys there very pleasant to deal with. I shot for an hour by myself. No ventilation issues on the range but they need air conditioning there as it was a sauna. My shooting glasses kept fogging up. The range was relatively clean with new paint. They need to mark off distances however.

I believe Art has some sound plans for the place; once he has the FFL and begins stocking shelves he should have a great location and steady flow of traffic. No range charge for current Leo's and active military personnel by the way. He will eventually provide rental guns and "test drives" for members.

I found the range time quite helpful as I cycled through three semiautos: a Walther PK380, a Ruger P95 DC 9 mm and an XD subcompact .40 cal. All three pistols worked flawlessly using Remington ammo for the .380and Federal for the other two. I'm trying to get extra range time in as I'm in the middle of an NRA training I attend on Monday nights.
    "Work in progress" is a pretty good description.

I hate having to send people into the range when it's 90 degrees outside... but I just don't have the funds to air-condition that half of the building yet...
    I will try to get a few high-velocity fans in there to at least get more air movement for the time being.
    This is all being done on a shoestring budget and completely out of my own pocket... but trust me when I say... as the business grows, the proceeds will be reinvested back into the business in the form of updates and improvements.

If you guys stick with me now and hang in there... it will be worth it in the long run.

Be glad you didn't have to spend the whole week in the showroom like I did...
    The AC was broken and I couldn't get anyone out to fix it until 5pm last night.
    I was happy to find the showroom at 69 degrees when I went back in at 8am this morning. At the hottest part of the day, the temp never climbed above 74 degrees in the store.

I apologize for the range temps... hopefully we can figure something out before we hit the peak of Summer.

(Berks County)

I also stopped in today with my son and found the guys very helpful and more than willing to answer any questions.
    Will definitely return shortly to get in some range time.
    Keep us updated on the FFL progress.
    Thanks,

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by greenlama View Post
    They need to mark off distances however.
    greenlama,
    Need to apologize for not having those marked as planned before we opened the doors.. and also would like to thank you for bringing this back to our attention!
    Distances have now been marked on both sides of the wall as of yesterday!

Guy,
    it was a pleasure meeting you last week! Feel free to stop by anytime to BS and have a cup of coffee!

Same goes to any of you guys that just need a place to retreat and hang out! Stop in and pull up a stool!

Look forward to meeting more of you in the future!
    Thanks again guys,
    Jerry (the 4th bald brother)

(Berks County)

Not a problem. I plan to shoot there Saturday morning. I'll try to get there early before the place heats up. I shot semi-auto last week so it's revolver time this week. Maybe a mouse gun as well. Looking forward to shooting as I have an NRA training to attend on Monday at Topton. Thanks for your quick response to marking distances.

(Berks County)

Hope to stop in for a quick visit this Saturday.

FYI - If you're too hot, peanut butter ice cream milkshakes are 2 for the price of one at Sonic til the end of the month! If you only want one, they'll give you a coupon for the other.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by xotech View Post
    Hope to stop in for a quick visit this Saturday.

FYI - If you're too hot, peanut butter ice cream milkshakes are 2 for the price of one at Sonic til the end of the month! If you only want one, they'll give you a coupon for the other.
    With 46 degree air now coming from the ducts...(after adding 2lbs of freon) we've got the A/C working quite well since you were in last...

The weather has actually been pretty nice lately, so I've been keeping the front door open to let the fresh air in.

See you tomorrow Guy !

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast