Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Stony Creek Outfitters indoor range now open

Quote Originally Posted by whitefeather1911 View Post
    Got any .45 LC?
    Funny you should ask... That is also on my list of oddball calibers to order.
    It's not cheap though, THAT's for sure. I'm seeing prices between $30-$40/bx for that stuff... AND it's hard to find. YIKES!

I can get some in... but I'll warn you... it ain't 'gonna be cheap.

To be perfectly honest... I'm almost embarrassed to put price tags on some of this ammo. It really has gotten that insane... even dealers cringe when they need to buy it.

(Berks County)

World we live in I guess. But, hey, gotta make a living. Besides, I can justify that since I wouldn't waste gas money heading Cabela's, pay 40 or so for a box, and then drive back. This way, I drive 5 minutes, pay about the same and drive back...plus I prefer smaller places to big stores anyway, more personable.

(Lancaster County)

Smile Re: Stony Creek Outfitters indoor range now open

dragracer art- glad to see you finally got the range open. i plan on dropping by soon however i am at this time qualifying retired police officers for leosa carry under pa. mpoetc and i just came across your range rules and noticed " no guest" so i guess i won't be able to qualify the retirees at your new range, oh well i was just hoping to make my life easier in setting up the old guys for qualifications!!! see you soon anyway...pd25

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PD25 View Post
    dragracer art- glad to see you finally got the range open. i plan on dropping by soon however i am at this time qualifying retired police officers for leosa carry under pa. mpoetc and i just came across your range rules and noticed " no guest" so i guess i won't be able to qualify the retirees at your new range, oh well i was just hoping to make my life easier in setting up the old guys for qualifications!!! see you soon anyway...pd25
    I have been pondering the best way to answer this post... and this is about all I can come up with...

I have a ton of new members joining my range. Some are paying members, some are not (current LE). As much as I'd like to give away free memberships to every person that ever wore a badge or served in the military, the simple truth is... I just cannot afford it.
    The number of free memberships I've already given away to LE keeps me second-guessing this policy. It's costing me a huge amount of money... but I feel this will pay-off in the end, so the policy won't be changing anytime soon.

I still have a huge overhead to cover every month, so I still need to keep my business wits about me.

What I'm thinking about doing is this...

Anyone wanting to train or qualify a group for whatever reason, won't need to join the group as members... but they will need to join themselves and rent the range on an hourly basis, either before or after business hours.
    Anyone entering the range to shoot will need to provide ID and sign a liability waiver.
    I will rent the entire 6-lane/15yd range @ $120/hr... with a max of 12 people at a time.
    Again, this will need to be done before or after business hours... so it doesn't interrupt access to regular paying members.
    My regular hours are: Mon-Fri 11am to 7pm and Sat/Sun 9am-5pm.

I can open the shop a couple hours early, or stay a couple hours late on any given day. I'm pretty flexible. The doors will be locked during any private rental, so there will be zero risk of outside intrusion.

If this sounds like something that might work for you, gimme a holler at the shop and we can work out the details. 610-779-8700

Thanks,
    ART

PS.
    There is currently no A/C in the range, so it might be a good idea to schedule something around mild weather... at least until I can get an A/C unit over there.
    Last edited by Dragracer_Art; June 21st, 2010 at 03:37 PM.

(Berks County)

Just for clarification...if I sign up as a member I can't bring my gf/wife in to teach her how to shoot unless she herself becomes a member as well?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Munky View Post
    Just for clarification...if I sign up as a member I can't bring my gf/wife in to teach her how to shoot unless she herself becomes a member as well?
    Family members are fine, and won't need to join... but will still need to pay the $10/hr to shoot.
    New members shoot for free on the first visit.

(Lancaster County)

Smile Re: Stony Creek Outfitters indoor range now open

Art, Well i finally got to your range and joined up on sat, and got time on sunday to do some shooting. i had a great time b.s. ing w/ you and some of your customers and enjoyed the range. the weather outside was very hot but the range was comfortable. if any of our pafoa members here from reading or lancaster area you should really check out art's range ,as i am sure you will enjoy your visit.... thanks again art... jack

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PD25 View Post
    Art, Well i finally got to your range and joined up on sat, and got time on sunday to do some shooting. i had a great time b.s. ing w/ you and some of your customers and enjoyed the range. the weather outside was very hot but the range was comfortable. if any of our pafoa members here from reading or lancaster area you should really check out art's range ,as i am sure you will enjoy your visit.... thanks again art... jack
    Thanks for stopping-in Jack... It was great talking with you.

If all my customers are like you, I'll be a happy guy.

(Berks County)

Thumbs up Re: Stony Creek Outfitters indoor range now open

PD25 It was a pleasure meeting you on Saturday. I had just finished shooting on the range. I agree shooting there is a pleasure now. It's fairly well lit and clean. Art is easy to deal with. Overall a good experience as I've shot there three times thus far.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by greenlama View Post
    PD25 It was a pleasure meeting you on Saturday. I had just finished shooting on the range. I agree shooting there is a pleasure now. It's fairly well lit and clean. Art is easy to deal with. Overall a good experience as I've shot there three times thus far.
    John... as time and money permit, the range and shop will only get better.

Now that the FFL has been approved,(confirmed by a Monday phonecall) we are just waiting for it to arrive from Atlanta. It won't be long before this "gun" shop actually has guns.

I firmly believe in keeping people happy... and the easiest way to do that is to provide a clean and pleasant experience for all. The range ventilation is working fantastic... and will only get better. I have a few ideas I will be working on over the next few weeks.

Thanks for your business !

ART
    Last edited by Dragracer_Art; June 30th, 2010 at 10:44 AM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast