Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Stony Creek Outfitters indoor range now open

Art,
    It was a pleasure meeting you last week and being able to observe all the progress you've made. The range was great - lighting is a significant improvement. I didn't have any problems with the ventilation or the heat. I thought everything was very comfortable. I'm looking forward to you being able to stock the store with guns. I'm confident you're on the right track to a very nice, hopefully profitable gun shop!

Congratulations and best of luck to you!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave49 View Post
    Art,
    It was a pleasure meeting you last week and being able to observe all the progress you've made. The range was great - lighting is a significant improvement. I didn't have any problems with the ventilation or the heat. I thought everything was very comfortable. I'm looking forward to you being able to stock the store with guns. I'm confident you're on the right track to a very nice, hopefully profitable gun shop!

Congratulations and best of luck to you!
    Thanks for the kind words Dave... It was nice to finally meet you.
    It's especially nice to be able to finally connect a face with a screen name.

You were fortunate in that the weather was nice when you came to visit...

In-between customers today, I was keeping the range doors open and blowing cold air from the showroom into the range area.
    A day like today when it's hot and muggy outside, the range can get pretty uncomfortable.
    We still have a long way to go before the place is the way I want it... but in the meantime, I will try my best to keep folks comfortable and happy.

We were shopping around the internet today, looking for portable AC units that might help the range stay cool.

(Bucks County)

Art,

Thanks for coming by at the VF Gun Show. I hope to get up in that area sometime and check out your show.

I gave your information to the lead guy. If you need more stuff let me know.

I will be passing more information to other shops around Philadelphia towards the end of the week.

Best of luck with your place. We always need more quality places to shop and shoot.

(Berks County)

Thumbs up Re: Stony Creek Outfitters indoor range now open

I shot there on Saturday morning with no problems. The range is now marked and was noticeably cooler than the previously week. The staff were very pleasant to deal with as always. I believe I was speaking with Art's brother for the most part. I look forward to you guys getting your FFL and getting stocked. Good luck on your visit next week. I believe you guys will be quite successful. Best!

(Berks County)

For the time being, the two main characters you'll find behind the counter will be me (Art) and my brother Jeff. Jeff has a fulltime job as a Police Officer... so he only comes in the shop to help out on his days off.
    Eventually Rob Horst (Firearm Solutions) will be moving his business to Stony Creek Outfitters.
    Brother Jerry lives in NC and works on a Nascar team, so he can only pop-in when he's in town for the Pocono or Dover races. Other than that, the only time we see him is on the holidays.
    Brother Andy lives in Pittsburgh, so he can't get around here very often either.

As you can see, we have alot of family support and a great combination of knowledge and experience to offer.

(Berks County)

Rob is the one with hair!
    The four family members are all bald and look alike... maybe we will post a chart on the wall so you guys can figure out who you are talking to!

Thanks again to ALL of you guys for your support! We are doin everything we can to make this the best place to be!

Wish i could be more hands on.. but for right now I'll just try to keep in touch with you guys here on the web!

(Berks County)

Just a quick update re the FFL.

We had our 2nd and final meeting with the BATF Monday afternoon.

They just had a few followup questions for us and everything went smooth as silk. Both female agents were actually pretty good looking... the younger one especially.

It should just be a matter of paperwork processing through the licensing division now.
    I will be checking the mailbox daily from here on out. In the meantime, the range is open and available.
    I also have ammo here for sale... some more affordable than others. I've priced it all as low as I can afford to sell it. The most expensive stuff I have right now, believe it or not, is .380acp. I cannot understand why that stuff is twice the cost of 9mm.

(Berks County)

Art, That's good news! Yeah your .380 is a little steep but at least you have it. I pick up a box here and there and have amassed 1,000 round reserve. I'll be there again Sat. AM This week I'll be shooting mouse guns,an XD 45 and
    Dan Wesson .357 with scope. Do you have any .32 cal? Best!

(Berks County)

I have some .32auto in Speer Gold Dot... 60gr JHP's... but no cheap FMJ range ammo.

Somebody was asking about .32 S&W Long the other day... was that you ?
    I haven't gotten any of that in yet... but it is on my list of oddball calibers to order.

As far as ammo prices are concerned... yeah, they do suck. I won't argue that. Unfortunately, sometimes paying more for it... means the difference of having it or not. I try to shop around for ammo deals... and sometimes I get stuck paying more for it, just so I can get it in the store.

Believe me... if I could sell this stuff cheaper, I would.

I'll try to make it up to you guys on the price of guns when I finally get the FFL. Ammo prices have fluctuated alot the last year or two... but not somuch the guns.

(Berks County)

I can't believe I didn't notice you guys were open! I haven't driven by that part of town for a while and a couple of days ago I was thrilled to see something in place of the old.....place. Saw the pics on facebook and am really happy to see clean floors and white walls. Now I don't have to drive out too far to get to a good range. I look forward to stopping by sometime soon. Got any .45 LC?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast