Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What's the skinny on Bushnell ARs? Good and bad.

Whats the skinny on Bushnell AR 15? Good and bad. I have one and want to know what my upgrade options are so far as better trigger and add on rails and sights, optics and exchangeable parts with say Colt or the most copied AR15/M16/M4 out there. What parts are interchangeable with the M16? Or civilian version of original AR.

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: What's the skinny on Bushnell ARs? Good and bad.

Do you mean a Bushmaster ar15?
    III%

Pardon me thats exactly what I met I had a Brain freeze.

Whats the skinny on Bushmaster AR 15? Good and bad. I have one and want to know what my upgrade options are so far as better trigger and add on rails and sights, optics and exchangeable parts with say Colt or the most copied AR15/M16/M4 out there. What parts are interchangeable with the M16? Or civilian version of original AR.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post

Whats the skinny on Bushmaster AR 15? Good and bad. I have one and want to know what my upgrade options are so far as better trigger and add on rails and sights, optics and exchangeable parts with say Colt or the most copied AR15/M16/M4 out there. What parts are interchangeable with the M16? Or civilian version of original AR.
    what are you trying to do?
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Schuylkill County)

As orionz said, it all depends what you are looking to do. The Bushmaster is really no different from any other AR15 out there, therefore mostly compatible on parts. I have a Bushmaster 16" carbine, and I have different grips, quadrail, gas block, etc on it. The possibilities are pretty much endless. And as stated, most parts are interchangeable, so it's a fairly universal realm.
    III%

(Allegheny County)

Bushmaster is not the first one I would buy, but the next question is after shooting it, what doesnt it do for you? Do the sights work? The trigger is subjective, and for most shooters, a $300 trigger isnt worth it on a non-match gun. $300 would be better spend on ammo. What are you going to attach to the rails? Is it a range gun, HD gun, a gun you won?
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

Does a trigger upgrade cost $300 damn!!! What I'm trying to build is a bug out rifle. I want to change or add to the fore arm to add rails for lights, close range optics, under forearm grip. Maybe dual mag holder side by side or one up and one down what is the best for reliabilty. My rifle is a 18" version with AR stock and AK flash suppressor. I have a 6x scope mounted on the carry handle so I want to be able to use the Bushmaster for pin point man size paper punching and 3 shot blast in close so I may want to add an Aimpoint sight on it. I want it to be a close range to mid range to long range rifle similar to what one would expect from the M4. I have the 308 and 06 for long range stuff. Thats not too much to expect is it I want the .223 to do almost every thing a M4 can do except shoot auto or three shot blast with one trigger pull.

I want that too but people in hell want ice water... I'm starting to ramble on.
    I don't want much a rail system would work as a base. Whats the cost for that?

2 stage "match trigger"
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=171994546
    $100.00 not mine.

http://www.whiteoakarmament.com/triggers.htm
    $279.00

It depends what you want.......
    NEVER TRUST A PRIVATE WITH A LOADED WEAPON OR AN OFFICER WITH A MAP

(Schuylkill County)

Does a trigger upgrade cost $300 damn!!!
    Depending on what level you want to be at, you can get a trigger upgrade in the range of $100-$300... but in all honesty, it probably wont be worth it for you unless you are planning on shooting competition. It isn't worth the money if you just do casual shooting...

What I'm trying to build is a bug out rifle. I want to change or add to the fore arm to add rails for lights, close range optics, under forearm grip.
    You have to decide if you want a single rail that adds on to the stock handguard, replacement drop-in rails to replace the stock halves, or a full replacement with a quadrail or different style. You can look at anywhere from $20 for a single rail addition, $50 for a cheap set of drop-ins, or up to $200 for a FF quadrail.. It all depends what you want, and what you think you'll be happy with.

Maybe dual mag holder side by side or one up and one down what is the best for reliabilty.
    Couplers can usually be had for around $10-20... or just use electrical tape an cardboard... whatever floats your boat.

My rifle is a 18" version with AR stock and AK flash suppressor. I have a 6x scope mounted on the carry handle so I want to be able to use the Bushmaster for pin point man size paper punching and 3 shot blast in close so I may want to add an Aimpoint sight on it.
    As far as close-range optics, check out Aimpoint, Trijicon, and EOtech sights.

I want it to be a close range to mid range to long range rifle similar to what one would expect from the M4. I have the 308 and 06 for long range stuff. Thats not too much to expect is it I want the .223 to do almost every thing a M4 can do except shoot auto or three shot blast with one trigger pull.
    Your AR is practically the exact same thing as govt issue, with a few minor exceptions, one being select fire. It will do exactly the same thing, only in semi.

I want that too but people in hell want ice water... I'm starting to ramble on.
    I don't want much a rail system would work as a base. Whats the cost for that?
    As I said earlier, a good quadrail will cost you close to $200. But then it's a once a done thing... you will buy once, cry once.

It all depends on what you want, and how much you want to spend..
    III%

Ok trigger job is out that saves $100-$300.

I need to decided on add on rails of full Quad rail system and then which one.

I need to decided if Aim Point close optics, laser or iron sights upgrade is what is needed.

I may try the tape & cardboard to do the side by side magazines. I wonder how they will hold up to repeated practice reloads. $10-$20 may not be bad for the metal ones.

What do you think about the collaspable rear stock as on the M4? Are they as easy to shoot past 200 yards as the standard stock?

I know people who have $1400 rifles with $2000 worth of upgrades on them and these are not competition rifles just fancy bug outs. No $300 triggers just all kind of AGogs scopes and Night vision stuff. I just want a day light rifle for the AR.

Thanks that helped a lot I just need to find the items to match my $$.

Are there any other DIY improvements that can be done?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast