Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default First Serious Open Carry

Well I guess I was good this year so my wife said to buy a new gun for my birthday. Well I found the Taurus 709 Slim. Fits my hand very nice. Took it to the range on Saturday for a trial. Everything is good. I do need to get a bit more used to the trigger.

Feeling comfortable with this handgun, it is now my carry gun. I left the house Sunday afternoon. Went back to the range. Then shopping around Whitehall at Dick's, Walmart and Sports Authority. No I did not find what I needed. The only comment I received was, "What are you carrying? It does not look familiar" Good conversation.

Sunday morning again with the Taurus, I had to drop the dog for grooming at Whitehall Petco and arrived early, waited outside. Playing with the pup, no problem. Went to Army Navy and Sears on the way to pick him up. Gee what is all the worry about.

The final trip for the day was grocery shopping with my wife. She finally gave up and realizes I will do what I will do. It comes with age. All through the grocery store. Nothing.

Ended the day back at the range with my eldest before heading home to do some grilling.

What do you have to do to get some of the excitement? Not one person running away screaming and yelling. Things were perfect throughout the weekend.

(Clinton County)

Default Re: First Serious Open Carry

good on ya

Well the OC continues.

Took my son to get a haircut in Northampton. The new 709 on my hip as I walked into the shop. Owner told me they were just closing, then asked how many. Forgot on Tuesday they close early. Well since it was just one, they took him. Guy leaving the shop, "You better take care of him, he has a gun." Quick discussion on carry.

Once he left, the shop owner began asking questions. We had a good conversation on OC/CC. I know she is from PRNJ so I was alittle suprised by her acceptance. She asked what I do with the gun when I am home, and told her it is locked, as my wife does not want a loaded firearm by the bed. The shop owner will not let her husband have the gun in the house, though he wants to. "What is it with men having guns?."

All in all great talk. Went to the car and brought in a flyer which she said she will give to her husband. She will read it too.

(Allegheny County)

They probably can't even see your gun with the 709 being so tiny

Haven't had any bad comments yet myself, just asked what model I was carrying a couple times since the P-07 is new.

Quote Originally Posted by tsor39 View Post
    "What is it with men having guns?."
    Good on your for giving her the flyer. +rep!

For me it is about being the protector of my family. When I decided to own a Home Defense firearm it was due to seeing the number of home invasions and shootings local to me. Then coming on here I devoured and poured over information on CC/OC - read the laws, etc. etc. I found my logical train of thought to be... if my wife and I are out and about - how am I going to protect her if we are accosted if I have no weapon and they do? Having a family changed my outlook. I would die for this woman and would do anything to protect her. So I am.

Plus guns are hella fun!
    Last edited by falcn; June 9th, 2010 at 12:28 PM.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by falcn View Post

Plus guns are hella fun!
    Lol, I at one point thought about OCing a Kel Tec P32. They make a Fobus for it. I thought if I acutally ran into any "gun people" they would laugh, and the sheeple would think I was carrying a water pistol...

+1, guns are hella fun! You gotta find a gun your wife likes to shoot. My girlfriend will shoot 500 rounds through my Ruger MKIII if I turn my back for five minutes. She loves that gun.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Lackawanna County)

+. My girlfriend will shoot 500 rounds through my Ruger MKIII if I turn my back for five minutes. She loves that gun.[/QUOTE]

UMMMM,just who's gun is it?
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Allegheny County)

My wife has her own gun, PT111 Mil Pro, plus she loves shooting my Kahr and the Beretta Neos.

She won't carry though.

(Berks County)

Good to hear non-reactions. Just started to OC around the neighborhood while walking my dog. Got some funny looks from people hanging out in front of a shop, otherwise nothing!

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by falcn View Post

Haven't had any bad comments yet myself, just asked what model I was carrying a couple times since the P-07 is new.

Good on your for giving her the flyer. +rep!

For me it is about being the protector of my family. When I decided to own a Home Defense firearm it was due to seeing the number of home invasions and shootings local to me. Then coming on here I devoured and poured over information on CC/OC - read the laws, etc. etc. I found my logical train of thought to be... if my wife and I are out and about - how am I going to protect her if we are accosted if I have no weapon and they do? Having a family changed my outlook. I would die for this woman and would do anything to protect her. So I am.

Plus guns are hella fun!
    glad you are willing to protect your family! My child's mother refused to let me have a firearm in the home because she stated it was unsafe to own one... That is one of the main reasons things didn't work out.
    si vis pacem, para bellum

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by redeye202 View Post
    +. My girlfriend will shoot 500 rounds through my Ruger MKIII if I turn my back for five minutes. She loves that gun.
    UMMMM,just who's gun is it?[/QUOTE]

Funny story, she actually loaned my the cash to buy it. She also loaned me some cash to pay off an XD because she got tired of me whining about not having the money to pay off all of the lay-a-way.

She's finally cozying up to larger calibers. .22 is like a walk in the park for her. I'm going to get her a .38 for her apartment sometime soon. Thinking a SP101 so the weight will absorb a little bang. I don't wanna hand her an Airweight and scare her away from self defense calibers.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast