Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Friend was stopped and disarmed tonight

I have a friend who would always oggle my guns. I think everyone at one point has heard from a non owner wow i want one of them. Well i convinced my buddy to get one. Forced him to get his LTCF because he just wasn't making the connection between OC and the being in a vehicle and how its a no no for just taking a ride.

In my area their is a big ass feast, festival, carnival, what ever you want to call it. He was in the area and he was pulled over for what ever reason.

The cop approached the car and asked for the usual, ran his info. He came back and asked him if he's been drinking ( huge beer at this place).

I schooled him as best I could on 2nd amendment rights and 4th. I made him watch the hour or so thing on youtube. Basically a intensive crash course for beginners. We went over if your stopped.....

The cop asked him any drugs, guns or ..... in the car. He said I don't have anything illegal in the car. So I guess this got the cops attention and he said what do you mean? He's like answer my question is their any fucking drugs or guns in the car. He said I have nothing illegal.

I'm sure you know what happened next. He was removed from the car and searched. He was CCing something, when the cops found it they acted as if they were lil kids at an easter egg hunt and they found the golden egg.

So at this point his cuffed, on a sidewalk with an uncertain future and cops who think they just found a terrorist. Long story short, everything checked out and he was issued a ticket for failure to observe traffic devices or something.

They gave him back his gun, without his ammo lol and he said whoa whoa whoa wheres my fucking ammo. He told me at this point he had a ticket and wasted a shit load of time, the time to be polite is over. They said that had to confiscatie it for safety reasons. He said bullshit are you going to pay me for those? That's my PROPERTY, NOT YOURS. So after a 5 minute debate and them not wanting to return it he said listen either you give me back my property your stealing or I'm filing a report.

They tossed the ammo to him and took off.

So he calls me pissed as hell saying hey man you said to say i don't have anything illegal in the car and they wouldn't bother me.

What else could he have done to avoid all that bullshit?

(Clinton County)

Default Re: Friend was stopped and disarmed tonight

Demeanor complaint. Talk to a lawyer. That is all.

(Pike County)

Whoa! That's messed up. But I see you coached him well, if he even managed to get his ammo back... eventually.

(Monroe County)

saying "i have no illegal drugs or weapons in the vehicle" is a flag. That statement should be reserved for when you are asked such a thing. "Jumping the gun" will get you into a shitty situation where one might have been avoided.

Looks like he held up pretty well though. Good luck to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Philadelphia County)

What's with the "I don't have anything illegal" bullshit? The cop asked a straightforward question, so give a straightforward answer. It seems to me a lot of the people on here are unreasonably jerking around LEOs and wonder why they get butthurt when a cop treats them the same.

Not saying that a straightforward response to the question would've made the situation come out any different, but it would not have hurt.

(Lackawanna County)

Getting an attitude with the cops is never a good idea. I cant say I wouldnt have been there too though. I got pissed with my run in with the police too, I just kept my mouth shut. I didnt have to deal with that though.

He should see if he cant get a free consultation with a lawyer. Never hurts!
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
    What's with the "I don't have anything illegal" bullshit? The cop asked a straightforward question, so give a straightforward answer. It seems to me a lot of the people on here are unreasonably jerking around LEOs and wonder why they get butthurt when a cop treats them the same.
    Because there have been instances where LEO's severly over-reacted when the driver told them they were legally carrying.

(Lackawanna County)

Not saying that a straightforward response to the question would've made the situation come out any different, but it would not have hurt.
    I agree to an extent...but as soon as you say Yes I am armed, it takes the situation to a whole different level. We go from about a 2 to a 6 or 7

(Clinton County)

So because you answer them truthfully that gives them RAS to perform a search? What happened to innocent until proven guilty and probable cause? He wasn't lying and he answered truthfully. They aren't entitled to the answer they want to hear just one that fits within the boundaries of the law and he complied perfectly.

(Lackawanna County)

Its none of there business

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    Because there have been instances where LEO's severly over-reacted when the driver told them they were legally carrying.
    ^Been there. If Id have kept my trap shut I wouldnt have had to deal with the officers attitude problem.
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast