Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Carry Round, Winchester SXZ9? Anyone?

Anyone have any experience with this stuff? I was attracted to it because boxes of 50 are something like $18.99 and the practice rounds (Which may be WWB) are $14.99. I don't know if this is old hat or not, tried to search, we all know how that goes...

The box reads 1190fps and 362 ft/lbs. at the muzzle and 1071 fps and 293 ft/lbs. at 50 yards. It is a standard pressure 115 grain round.

Moral of the story, I shot 300 rounds of it through my XD. (Not hard at 20 bucks for a box of 50.) The self defense stuff, not the practice rounds. It functioned flawlessly and even seemed better in accuracy than your typical FMJ target round. I'm carrying it right now. Anybody know anything else about it?
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Chester County)

Default Re: Carry Round, Winchester SXZ9? Anyone?

i have not seen that stuff on the shelves in over a year. But I have put plenty of 9mm thru various pistols without a problem. My last 14 rounds are in my mag now, but after that WWB HP is what I got.

(Philadelphia County)

Check out Winchester's PDX1's.

As was said, haven't seen this on the shelves for about a year. Can't tell you anything "performancewise", but this was part of a marketing plan that Winchester had where they developed PD rounds (loaded w/HP's) and practice rounds (with FMJ's - at slightly lower prices), loaded to similar velocities. These had similar packaging and were usually placed side-by-side in the stores (preferably on an end-cap). Great concept, don't know why it never went anywhere. Maybe a victim of the great ammo shortage of '08/'09 or maybe just poor follow-through. Curious where you bought it and whether they had the practice rounds (in the same design packaging) also.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    NRA Benefactor Member

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
    As was said, haven't seen this on the shelves for about a year. Can't tell you anything "performancewise", but this was part of a marketing plan that Winchester had where they developed PD rounds (loaded w/HP's) and practice rounds (with FMJ's - at slightly lower prices), loaded to similar velocities. These had similar packaging and were usually placed side-by-side in the stores (preferably on an end-cap). Great concept, don't know why it never went anywhere. Maybe a victim of the great ammo shortage of '08/'09 or maybe just poor follow-through. Curious where you bought it and whether they had the practice rounds (in the same design packaging) also.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    It is a good concept.

Bass Pro Shop in Harrisburg. Usually only buy ammo there if I'm desperate, but the price was right so I figured I'd try it out. First time I saw it they probably has 30 or so boxes of the hollow points as well as 30 or so of the training rounds, all 9mm. I stopped in the other day to buy fishing line and saw they had an entire end cap full of the stuff. I heard somewhere it was a Bass Pro exclusive, don't know if there is any truth to that.

If anybody would like some I'll be over that way tommorow and can snatch some up.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Lancaster County)

It is the winchester white box hollow point with a lubalox coating IIRC.