Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default IF it's for sale, should I buy this SPAZ ???

Hey again. I just started another thread as to what shotgun I should buy for home defense purposes. I am new to shotguns and have never shot one before. I have shot and own 9mm and .45 ACP pistols, AK's, AR's, FAL's, Mosin Nagants ect...I know the recoil of a shotgun is more than all of those....but that's about all I know about them.

A buddy of mine sold his SPAS-12 shotgun to his dad because he needed some money. I was talking to him after we left the gun shop today and he told me to ask his dad if he would want to sell me that SPAS-12, for around $600. Is that a good price ?? Is it a good, reliable, durable shotgun ??? Are parts easy to find for it ?

Any insight you can give me on this would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by PhilaShooter; May 30th, 2010 at 01:00 AM.
    When ALL else fails...the AK won't !! Emotions...??? emotions are for people who CARE !!!

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: IF it's for sale, should I buy this SPAZ ???

Quote Originally Posted by PhilaShooter View Post
    Any insight you can give me on this would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.
    Not trying to be a smarta$$ but this is already mentioned in another thread you just created. There's no real need to have multiple threads asking the same question.

Quote Originally Posted by rscheckler View Post
    Not trying to be a smarta$$ but this is already mentioned in another thread you just created. There's no real need to have multiple threads asking the same question.
    can you post the thread?

op, 600.00? buy it.....and now.
    FJB

(Lebanon County)

First time Shotgun buyer...need some suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by PhilaShooter View Post
    Hey all, I'm new to the shotgun world. I was just at my local gun shop today and I have been really wanting a shotgun for home defense for a while. They had a Mossburg 500 Maverick for $285 with 2 boxes of ammo out the door price. Is this a good price or can I find it cheaper ???

Also is this a good, reliable, durable shotgun ?? I don't know much about shotguns at all. I know of the Remington 870, Mossburg 500 and 590 but that's about it, and I don't know anything really about them or what's best for what scenario. It also came with a sporter stock on it and a pistol grip that I can put on it. I really like the folding stock with pistol grip but don't know how good they are or if they're reliable and durable.

Any and all help is MUCH appreciated, I asked if the deal for $285 with 2 boxes of ammo out the door price could be held until this Tuesday, they said ok so I have until Tuesday to figure this out. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I COULD also have the option of possibly buying a SPAZ shotgun from a friends dad, my buddy sold it to his dad because he needed some money. IF he is willing to part with it the price would be like $500 to $600, is this better ????

EDIT: I mis-stated the shotgun it was actually the Mossburg 500 Maverick, with just a bead front sight. Also it was brand new

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by rscheckler View Post

The reason I started a separate thread for the SPAS-12 is because I wanted to get opinions on both but without jamming it all in one. Also I didn't ask about it specificly, as far as durability/reliability/function/spare parts ect...

I'll delete the comment if necessary...
    Last edited by PhilaShooter; May 30th, 2010 at 12:59 AM.
    When ALL else fails...the AK won't !! Emotions...??? emotions are for people who CARE !!!