Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reflex Sights

(Westmoreland County)

Default Reflex Sights

I am beginning to need reading glasses bad enough that a reflex sight may be in my future. I would want a small reflex sight that could be used on my carry gun. Could most guns be modified for a reflex sight? My carry guns are either a Browning HiPower or a Sig 938.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Reflex Sights

Neither of those platforms can feasibly and effectively support a red dot sight.

Your best bet is to buy a new gun. P365, shield plus, Glock 19 MOS.... Virtually every new gun has an optic cut.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Neither of those platforms can feasibly and effectively support a red dot sight.

Your best bet is to buy a new gun. P365, shield plus, Glock 19 MOS.... Virtually every new gun has an optic cut.
    How do the bases work that mount in the sight dovetail? I know I can get on for my Sig 226. Although I don't carry a 226, I can at least see how I like shooting w/ a reflex sight.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    How do the bases work that mount in the sight dovetail? I know I can get on for my Sig 226. Although I don't carry a 226, I can at least see how I like shooting w/ a reflex sight.
    You could but there are serious pitfalls. 1) it's not very secure. This could lead to zero shift. 2) height over bore will lead to significant offsets before and after your zero distance. 3) the height of the setup will not be easy to carry/conceal.

I'd skip that time / money sink and do it right from the beginning. Get a gun with an optics mount engineered from inception.

(Butler County)

Now you got me thinking I need to buy a new carry gun so I can have a reflex sight. I have one on a FN 502 and it is great. Where the little red dot is, thats where the bullet hits. Now I have an excuse to buy a new gun.

(Allegheny County)

I have same issues with my eyes, can still shoot irons decent but not like before. I bought a Glock 43x mos and put a holosun 507k and what a difference, so much easier to see. Takes some getting use to but it*s worth it.

Also bought two shadow systems with optic cuts and put trijicon rmr*s on those. My overall opinion is once you get use to them it*s easier to shoot compared to irons.

Maybe find someone that has one setup first to try, I just dove right in without ever looking through and glad I did.

(Chester County)

I'm trying out a pistol/red dot, the setups can be spendy. Go check out the PSA Dagger, it's what I have chosen for an initial trial run. It's a reasonably priced Glock G19 clone and gets very good reviews, check it out, and the ergos are far superior to the Block's.

(Centre County)

I put a SIG Romeo Zero on my Ruger Max 9 and zeroed/shot it this past weekand and I am happy with it but I can see down the road that I think I'll be happier with a Holosun 507K with the green dot/circle. I agree, don't try to retrofit to a gun that is not made for one. Easier to get a new slide for an existing one or get a new pistol made to accept the small red dot.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Bucks County)

Save money and training. Close in to point-shooting distance (aka point blank range).
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Save money and training. Close in to point-shooting distance (aka point blank range).
    Doesn’t always work like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast