Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Friend was stopped and disarmed tonight

okay, well what if your pulled over and have LTCF and the officer wants to disarm you or (take the weapon from the vehicle). What do you do? I wouldn't want my firearm ran in any database, any unnecessary handling of my firearm, and the possible chance of not getting my property back.

Quote Originally Posted by den9 View Post
    why did they pull him over in the first place?

if anything he should of said i dont have any drugs or ILLEGAL weapons in the car.

or just be straight up, i dont see what the big deal if they disarm you for the stop, its for their safety.
    It's a big deal, because the 'officer safety' excuse is a load of bullshit. The officer just negated any perceived safety by unnecessarily handling a loaded firearm in public, where he might have shot himself, the guy who got pulled over, or anyone who might have passed by.

It's a big deal because the officer felt like the guy he pulled over disrespected him, and decided to cuff and disarm him to show him his proper place, that average citizens need to kowtow to LEOs.

It's a big deal, because the officer made a half assed attempt to steal someone's property, without having any reason for the 'confiscation', or did you miss that little gem?

I'd advise the OP to tell his friend to file a complaint, at the very least.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by rockkrawler628 View Post
    okay, well what if your pulled over and have LTCF and the officer wants to disarm you or (take the weapon from the vehicle). What do you do? I wouldn't want my firearm ran in any database, any unnecessary handling of my firearm, and the possible chance of not getting my property back.
    If the LEO thinks he has the right to take your weapon he's going to take your weapon. No wanting it ran thru the data base. No comment

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by rockkrawler628 View Post
    Do not Resist. Tell him you do not consent but comply.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Northampton County)

I'm not a fan of the "I have nothing illegal" line either. What that cop did was bullshit and against the constitution, but if they ask, I think the best response is to notify the officer that you have a LTCF and reveal the location of the firearm.
    Last edited by uniballin; May 30th, 2010 at 02:55 AM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by uniballin View Post
    I'm not a fan of the "I have nothing illegal" line either. What that cop did was bullshit and against the constitution, but I think the best response is to notify the officer that you have a LTCF and reveal the location of the firearm.
    That statement is not a panacea by any means. I just hope the OP clarified that to his friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

the response given to the officer sounds a little shady, if I was a cop I would have pulled him out and cuffed him as well. I was always taught if stopped and they ask, inform the officer that you have a conceal carry permit(or LTCF here in PA) and where the firearm is located. the officer will then instruct you on what will happen next to satisfy his sense of safety. yes it sucks he got disarmed but by not informing the officer he had a LTCF how was he supposed to know everything was legit?

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by mickey01023 View Post
    The cop asked him any drugs, guns or ..... in the car. He said I don't have anything illegal in the car. So I guess this got the cops attention and he said what do you mean? He's like answer my question is their any fucking drugs or guns in the car. He said I have nothing illegal.
    He should have just answered no...

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by 45=id View Post
    He should have just answered no...
    What happens if you answer no, and they find some bullshit reason to search you and/or your vehicle anyways and they find the gun?

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    "Jumping the gun" will get you into a shitty situation where one might have been avoided.
    And that gentlemen.................is why all my guns are registered. I have been pulled over a couple of times and never had a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWabbit
    I was always taught if stopped and they ask, inform the officer that you have a conceal carry permit(or LTCF here in PA) and where the firearm is located.
    Really?????????
    Last edited by D10; May 30th, 2010 at 02:33 AM.
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast