Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Adams County)

Default OC Encounter at Kennies in Littlestown (some teens really need a brain/mouth filter)

Just posted this in the OC section, but I wanted to put it in here too...

Ok, just got back from Kennies (picking up groceries for the little OC BBQ at my house tomorrow) and I had to post this because I've never heard or read about something like this happening to anyone. I also wanted to get some suggestions on how to respond better if this were to happen again...

Kennies was (as usual) no problem. Walked around, got my groceries with only a few looks. The looks could have been because of my gun, or maybe the other country folk just liked my "Cooters Garage" shirt with the cut off sleeves, (and don't worry, I checked my fly before I got out of the truck) but it wasn't anything worse than usual.

The weird part was while I was checking out. As I noticed the kid was moving a little slow (maybe new), I offered to bag for him so he could just ring me up and have less to do. He said thanks and I mentioned to him that I was a bag boy in high school so I should have no problem doing it again. He then said "Oh yeah, that's where I am right now." We start shooting the breeze about school and how it was close to over for the year and he says something like, "It's almost over, we had a half da..." when he gets interrupted by the cashier that's behind me...

(Other Cashier) "Are you a cop?"
    (Me, turning around) (a little taken of guard by the rudeness, especially as I had my back to him and was in a conversation with someone else) "I'm sorry?"
    (Other Cashier) "Are you a cop?"
    (Me) "No sir, just a citizen." (I start to turn back around so I can continue my conversation)
    (Other Cashier) "Just a citizen huh? I've heard that before. I kinda figured it was a joke that cops make so they don't have to talk."
    (Me) "Nope, I'm really not a cop."

This next part is the main reason for me posting...

The bag boy (who I've never seen before) for the cashier that was asking the questions says "Oh god, don't shoot me.". With the inflection in his voice and the look on his face when I turned to look at him (both left no conclusive evidence), I wasn't sure if he was trying to be sarcastic/funny, or what. All I could think to say was "Wow. (slight pause) It won't jump out of it's holster and I'm not a criminal. You don't have anything to worry about.". I wanted to say "What in the freakin' heck would make you say something like that!?!". I didn't want to offend the kid, but what the heck do you say to something like that? I know teenagers aren't the brightest when it comes to saying appropriate things, but dang. Get a brain/mouth filter dude.

Any suggestions?
    Proud 3%er... We'll fight for your rights, even when you won't.

(Adams County)

Default Re: OC Encounter at Kennies in Littlestown (some teens really need a brain/mouth filt

Responded to the post in the OC thread.
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy. Hippie and 3%er.

(Adams County)

Default Re: OC Encounter at Kennies in Littlestown (some teens really need a brain/mouth filt

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Responded to the post in the OC thread.
    Responded back
    Proud 3%er... We'll fight for your rights, even when you won't.