Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Tioga County)

Default Check out the work at the range

If you haven't been by the Cowanesque Rod and Gun club lately you need to come and check it out. We recently got the outdoor benches under cover with a new tin roof and frame work. We are talking of expanding the number of benches that we have by four (4) and adding to the front side of the roof to cover more ground for a couple of picnic tables so when there is more shooters than there are benches these people will have a place to sit and talk while waiting their turn at a bench. There is also talk of having Saturday morning center fire shots. I'm lead to believe that this will be with your deer rifle or varmint gun not just dedicated bench guns. I will give an update on this shoot as soon as I have more information. If you're not a member yet no problem you can still join the shoot although $15 a year isn't bad for what you get for ranges. After the rifle range is all done we will try to update the pistol range so we can start to have some sort of competition there too maybe a bowling pin shoot or something of the sort.

(Tioga County)

Default Re: Check out the work at the range

I have found that the present benches you installed don't meet my needs. Perhaps we can meet at the range sometime and I can demonstrate what my problem is.
    USNRET '61-'81

(Tioga County)

would love a place like that to shoot how far out can you go?

(Tioga County)

300 yards after about another 50 yards we're into New York state. We are working on having some sort of centerfire shoot on Saturdays. This will be with limited to to your everyday hunting rifle no custom benchrest rifles. We're thinking of off hand at 100 yards and then to a rest for the 200 and 300 yard using clay pigeons. Then at the 25 and 50 yard off hand with rimfire using the same targets. This is mostly in the planning stages right now but hopefully we can get this off the ground.

(Tioga County)

so for rifle shoots what would be the limit to keep out bench rest guns? weight limit? caliber limits? or barrel diameter? . i see some problems only "sporter" guns. like would the Model 77 Mk II 6ppc/22ppc would be banned? or do you mean keep out "heavy class" rifles. I have neither a light or heavy weight target guns only sporter mausers and 1903s =p

we want to try accomidating as many classes of rifles as possble so we will work with the folks that show up and want to shoot its still in the early stages and we want input from the people wanting to shoot on a fairly reguler basis

tim stratton

(Tioga County)

Would love to anymore info about the event or future plans ? thanks

there is a club meeting sunday aug 8th 7pm come join and get involved express what you would like and help make it happen annual memberships are 15 dollars