Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Northern part of York County, Pennsylvania
    (York County)

Default Liberal ADL Harvard cabal

The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) has been pushing gun control and has opposed gun rights since 1967. It is not over the top to say their money has big influence of Congress too. I'm not just saying it, they proudly say it. http://www.adl.org/PresRele/Extremism_72/3401_72.asp

There is no more liberal anti gun view than the Harvard / Ivy League / NYC ADL crowd, most of which have never had a job that actually put dirt under their fingernails, and they have a big time "In" with the Obama administration.

Suggestion for cynics: Google the background on the "Obama Czars" and especially his Elena Kagan appointment to the Supreme Court. Most are Northeast USA, NYC, Harvard grads with Goldman Sachs somewhere on their resume, and who have no connection whatsoever with 99% of the USA.

I will predict if she is appointed/anointed as a justice on the Supreme Court that challenges to the 2nd Amendment will immediately be forthcoming and they will come in droves and there will be weakening of our rights. Our country is run by elitists from NYC, not by Americans and graduates that represent universities and Americans from all the 50 states.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Liberal ADL Harvard cabal

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkee View Post
    I will predict if she is appointed/anointed as a justice on the Supreme Court that challenges to the 2nd Amendment will immediately be forthcoming and they will come in droves and there will be weakening of our rights.
    Her appointment won't change the balance of the court.

Challenges will come in droves after the McDonald case is formally decided (hell most of those challenges are already in the system waiting on the ruling). The NYC nunchacku ban will get slaughtered along with a whole host of other gun control laws.

We're winning so far in this fight, not losing, all we need is for the Supreme Court to say strict scrutiny applies, and for them to uphold that standard. I believe they will, but we'll see.

Once the precedent is set over the next 5 years we'll have the anti's on their heels for decades upon decades.
    Last edited by IronSight; May 28th, 2010 at 07:11 PM.

Our enemies are not limited to the "cabal" you mentioned.
    I noticed that in citing the 11 year old article, you omitted i.e. the Catholic Bishops and the main line Protestant churches, to say nothing of the Mennonites, etc.
    California and Illinois are not northeastern states.
    I could go on...

Northern part of York County, Pennsylvania
    (York County)

The point is the ADL and SPLC have developed the organization and influence to drive our Congress towards gun control, and as demonstrated by that older article they've been very active at lobbying for it for years, but we rarely hear about them as a major source behind gun control..

SPLC has been actively opposing the so-called "Patriot Movement" including Ron Paul supporters claiming that they are anti-American and subversive. My concern is that Elena Kagan represents the same Harvard liberal NYC mindset that permeates our government. The next step after gun control will be controls and exceptions to free speech, where certain speech will be disapproved. We have a democracy and as such should have our entire country represented in the Supreme Court and not just the tiny and wealthy ethnic minority that can afford to attend Ivy League universities.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkee View Post
    The point is the ADL and SPLC have developed the organization and influence to drive our Congress towards gun control, and as demonstrated by that older article they've been very active at lobbying for it for years, but we rarely hear about them as a major source behind gun control..

SPLC has been actively opposing the so-called "Patriot Movement" including Ron Paul supporters claiming that they are anti-American and subversive.
    Okay, fair enough, I don't seem them as being very effective right now though.

My concern is that Elena Kagan represents the same Harvard liberal NYC mindset that permeates our government.
    A duly noted concern.

The next step after gun control will be controls and exceptions to free speech, where certain speech will be disapproved.
    Ummm, we already have that. It's very limited, yes, but some exceptions are there.

We have a democracy and as such should have our entire country represented in the Supreme Court and not just the tiny and wealthy ethnic minority that can afford to attend Ivy League universities.
    We do not have a democracy, and getting on the Supreme Court hasn't always been, and won't always be, about where a justice got his/her degrees. Is it a large part of it? Yes, especially right now; but has it and will it always be? No.