Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Desert Tech Rifles

Up until now, I have only owned pistols (Sig229, hkp2000sk, walther ppk) but my interest for a rifle has been growing. Given that I'm not the largest person 5'7" 140lbs, I really like the idea of a bullpup style SBR.

With that said, I've taken a look at the Tavor and like the size and feel. I have been hearing some interesting things about the Desert Tech MDR with more press being released this week about it. I'm curious if anyone here has heard good or bad things about their other rifles or the company in general.

Default Re: Desert Tech Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyUrbs View Post
    Up until now, I have only owned pistols (Sig229, hkp2000sk, walther ppk) but my interest for a rifle has been growing. Given that I'm not the largest person 5'7" 140lbs, I really like the idea of a bullpup style SBR.

With that said, I've taken a look at the Tavor and like the size and feel. I have been hearing some interesting things about the Desert Tech MDR with more press being released this week about it. I'm curious if anyone here has heard good or bad things about their other rifles or the company in general.

Favor with geissele trigger and lightning bow.

Wait a year before the Dessert Tech (yes, Dessert, not desert).

...or get an SBR like us cool kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

Default Re: Desert Tech Rifles

I don't have any experience with their semi auto rifles, but I do have experience with their bolt action rifle. It was before they changed their name to "desert tech" and were Desert Tactical Arms with the SRS. I have a thread on the forum about the rifle. The trigger is unbelievable and the quality is everything you'd expect and more. It is ungodly accurate, and does everything they say it does. Even with barrel removable and being reinstalled, it shot right back to the same zero and in the group. I can't speak for their SBR or semi auto rifle, but the SRS is out of this world amazing, and I'm not someone that's easily pleased or that talks stuff up.
    Last edited by Tomcat088; May 6th, 2015 at 04:10 AM.