Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Looking for a smith around the PGH area that does Saiga conversions...

I'm looking at picking up a 7.62 Saiga for conversion, but I am not terribly mechanically inclined. http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/ <------This website has the conversion process, as well as a picture of EXACTLY how I'd like to build my Saiga. Drilling into a brand new rifle's reciever makes me EXTREMELY nervous. Anybody know of any local gunsmiths who are familiar with the Saiga conversion? I checked with Bravermans (have had good experiences with them), but their smith is not familiar with the conversion. I don't want to have to talk a smith through everything that needs done, just buy the package and drop it off.

-Thanks

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Looking for a smith around the PGH area that does Saiga conversions...

Where do you live? I would be willing to help you do it, I have the right tools and have done my 223 and 12 gauge.

Default Re: Looking for a smith around the PGH area that does Saiga conversions...

Wow, those are some sexy looking rifles. I am out near Monroeville/Murrsyville.

(Cambria County)

I live in Johnstown. If you want help shoot me a PM.

(Allegheny County)

Ask for Frank at Bravermans in Wilkinsburg.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Allegheny County)

I know you posted this a long time ago. But if you still looking I do saiga conversions. I'm about 17 miles from downtown Pittsburgh.

(Washington County)

Mr. Natrona, do you know anyone in the area that can pur an AK kit together?

(Allegheny County)

Yes, I could do it. But I need to see it, to see if it would be cost effective for you. There is a lot of work involved, if trunion holes need drilled and so on. So if you would like, stop in the shop sometime. Check out our facebook page for our address and more info.http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002768732578